Stopping the motors

Dvn

Reaction score
So I was under the understanding that to stop the motors with the controller you put both sticks in the bottom lower diagonal opposing corners. I've just been able to shut of my P3A with just the right stick in bottom right or left diagonal corner regardless of the left stick position. Surely this isn't right?

So I was under the understanding that to stop the motors with the controller you put both sticks in the bottom lower diagonal opposing corners. I've just been able to shut of my P3A with just the right stick in bottom right or left diagonal corner regardless of the left stick position. Surely this isn't right?

When landing, I just keep the throttle stick in the full down position (not corner) and the motors stop after a couple seconds.

But when I've got an elevation of 1.5mtr on the screen (me holding the bird up) surely it should be able to cut out like that

You can perform an emergency shut off or csc as it's called a few ways. Both sticks down and in, both sticks down and out, both sticks down and left, both sticks down and right. This will switch off your motors at any time, including flight. They are such crazy positions that you would never be pulling off such manoeuvres. It's been like this on all the phantom 2 models and it really isn't a problem.

If you are just descending with left stick the motors won't shut off until the phantom knows it isn't descending anymore.

It doesn't matter what altitude is showing on your screen either, if your Phantom was to say come down in a tree on low battery or while you were holding down the left stick the motors will stop when it knows it has stopped descending

I think the motors shut off after three seconds with no further descent.

I see. So regardless of altitude it won't cut out until it's physically stopped deceneding?

I see. So regardless of altitude it won't cut out until it's physically stopped deceneding?
For the throttle control only, yes. But the CSC will always stop the motors even in flight.

Yep gotcha. Over anxious first time phantom pilot here who can't fly due to high winds :(

25mph winds with 40mph gusts lol. Don't want to trash it on day one :)

Ya thats a good decision. Even if it were already day 10 :) high winds can really screw up your day esp if your not all used to all the controls and flight modes yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic