Stock P2V 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test

Re: Stock P2V 2.27 KM (7,500') & 1.7 KM (5,600') Range Test

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
gfredrone said:
+1 to PVFlyer

Just tell me what I need that will match the antenna in the camera and will allow me to reach out to where the controller reaches. Then take my money! :lol:

My requirements are the most compact design possible in a featherweight package. Optimally I'd like to attach it directly to the range extender like some have done with a linear omni although have the ability to point it in the direction of the P2V.

Will this work?
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... y-version/

The only negative I see on the one in the link is the base looks heavy and cumbersome for my application/requirement.

hi the new kit will be light for sure, one antenna fixed to the RC transmitter and another fitted to the range extender.

so you can point the whole lot at the same time.

the UAV will have minimum of two antennas add with the kit , everything you need will be available at sub £100 .

so we are looking this as a super set for the D2V
1 x BH Micro 5.8 with patch cable ( silver plated )
1 x BH Micro 2.4 with patch ( silver plated
1 x Sp 5.8 GHz with patch cable (silver plated)
1 x SP 2.4 GHz with patch cable ( silver plated

this will cover all the signal paths , there can be other variations , like a BH Micro on the Uav INSTEAD of the on SP on 5.8 GHz
this is then in affect a flying beam !! and its using reverse antenna tracking ( devised by me ( GW4LWD )

put a 9 db on EACH end of the links and the RC range goes through the roof !!

so if we assume we have 21 dbM ( 125MW) AT THE uav Then using a 9 db at the tx and 9 db at the RX ( not sure on the receiver sensitivity ) i'll assume -85dBm we can calculate the signal path at around 5.5 KM .... if the batteries last that long.

Power radiated by the antenna would be in the order of 0.95 of a watt or 953 milliwatts !

i have already done 4.6 k on 25 mw using these antennas but put the gain as 12 and 14 dB at each end..

Hi Pc Developer

I would be a candidate for the complete kit.
I am a little confused by the reverse tracking concept.
Will you be able in the future to shop pics of the complete mod, to both the transmitter and the Vision?

Thanks for all the development!!

Going extreme with the P2V

Hi Pc Developer

Will you be able in the future to shop pics of the complete mod, to both the transmitter and the Vision?

Hi there , well reverse track is the MOST efficient way to do things, but you need the copter to have certain things.

Well we wont just be selling the KIt but doing a step by step video on what you need to do.
Also the options you can do and different variations, On other new development would be the Extreme set .This has 3 antennas at the GS end 1 x BH+ 12 dB or 15 dB ( 3 dB UP on the 9 db and 6 dB up on the 9 dB) using a pair of BH+ Micros fed together , they can be a pair 9dB , a pair of 12 dB or even 15 dB,
so we end up around 3 dB up on each pair , so at the Max it 15 +3 = 18 dB , i think you will run out of sky with these !!!
this is the first mention of the Extreme kit , we will make it available and affordable.

Keep an eye on the site for updates. http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/

I have a new p2v and was wondering what sort of range I should be getting from a stock p2v and the best way to do a range test. I have set it to fcc mode which say I should get 500m

Re: Going extreme with the P2V

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

Hi there , well reverse track is the MOST efficient way to do things, but you need the copter to have certain things.

Well we wont just be selling the KIt but doing a step by step video on what you need to do.
Also the options you can do and different variations, On other new development would be the Extreme set .This has 3 antennas at the GS end 1 x BH+ 12 dB or 15 dB ( 3 dB UP on the 9 db and 6 dB up on the 9 dB) using a pair of BH+ Micros fed together , they can be a pair 9dB , a pair of 12 dB or even 15 dB,
so we end up around 3 dB up on each pair , so at the Max it 15 +3 = 18 dB , i think you will run out of sky with these !!!
this is the first mention of the Extreme kit , we will make it available and affordable.

Keep an eye on the site for updates. http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/

Thanks for the explanation.. Ill keep watching for the video

shaun27 said:
I have a new p2v and was wondering what sort of range I should be getting from a stock p2v and the best way to do a range test. I have set it to fcc mode which say I should get 500m

Hi.. At what range would you be happy with ? I range tested my standard PV on FCC mode and could get around 1300' before WiFi dropped, I am now using a patch antenna mod and can go 3500' with ease, it will be the wifi that will determine your range...

FPV col said:
shaun27 said:

Hi.. At what range would you be happy with ? I range tested my standard PV on FCC mode and could get around 1300' before WiFi dropped, I am now using a patch antenna mod and can go 3500' with ease, it will be the wifi that will determine your range...

thanks I have got some mods in mad don't want to go mad with the range 3500 sounds about right was thinking about a tp-link about 8 or 10 to tx and the wifi

shaun27 said:
FPV col said:
shaun27 said:

thanks I have got some mods in mad don't want to go mad with the range 3500 sounds about right was thinking about a tp-link about 8 or 10 to tx and the wifi

This is my setup.. standard TX no mods just fcc mode, 14dbi patch antenna on tripod which also doubles to hold my nexus 7.. this is a easy mod that will get you 3500' easy ;)

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 280
  • antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 250

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

Will.. Can you bare in mind on the design of the antennas that the wifi pigtail from the camera would need to be very flexible and long enough as some of us are using brushless gimbals thank you..

FPV col said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

Will.. Can you bare in mind on the design of the antennas that the wifi pigtail from the camera would need to be very flexible and long enough as some of us are using brushless gimbals thank you..

FPV cool
can you post pictures from how you put all those things on the tripod y have one but o dont know how to put all in it, and do i need to buy, thanks

Hi Pc Developer

Hi there , where are you located ?.

How long would you like them /. 30 Cm enough ? can bet set to any length within reason

AMKings said:
Evening,

I saw this link today and thought of you guys. Don't know much more about it than what it says on the site. Maybe you will know more!?

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... qY.twitter

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there , its the latest kit for the P2V ( 4 antennas and all the cables. From the UK.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Hi Pc Developer

It sounds very appealing for "step by step video" of installing antenna kits on P2V with various options. Hope to watch it soon, as well as more pictures of your antenna kits on the web.

FPV cool
can you post pictures from how you put all those things on the tripod y have one but o dont know how to put all in it, and do i need to buy, thanks[/quote]

Hi.. I just made my own right angled brackets to use on the tripod to hold the patch antenna and the nexus 7 holder that I found on eBay.. The silver brackets you see in the photos comes as a mounting with the antenna.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
AMKings said:
Evening,

I saw this link today and thought of you guys. Don't know much more about it than what it says on the site. Maybe you will know more!?

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... qY.twitter

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there , its the latest kit for the P2V ( 4 antennas and all the cables. From the UK.
Could you post some pics of your antennas mounted . Will be able to use these with a gimbal ? I'm new at this and hoping for something small. I don't want to use a tripod and all that stuff. I'm not planning on flying miles away just better than original.

Mori55 said:
Could you post some pics of your antennas mounted . Will be able to use these with a gimbal ? I'm new at this and hoping for something small. I don't want to use a tripod and all that stuff. I'm not planning on flying miles away just better than original.

If you are expecting 1 KM FPV range, you probably do not need to mod the aircraft/camera. You may then use any P2V compatible gimbal. For 1 KM range, my best bet is to mount a 2.4G LHCP helical (~4 turns, 9 dBi) to your transmitter handle together with a common known pigtail mod on the repeater.

guys do you know some iphone app to record my screen? so i can record my fly on the dji app?

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:

If you are expecting 1 KM FPV range, you probably do not need to mod the aircraft/camera. You may then use any P2V compatible gimbal. For 1 KM range, my best bet is to mount a 2.4G LHCP helical (~4 turns, 9 dBi) to your transmitter handle together with a common known pigtail mod on the repeater.
Any links on how to do this ? And what I'll need ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT