Still photo curved horizon, video straight..

Reaction score
Is it some setting I'm missing? My video horizon is straight. But my photos are curved ..P4Adv

I get that on the edges on my P3A advanced. It's almost like a fish eye lens. Not to bad and can't notice but when you zoom in on the corners it's like it's been rounded off

It as bad as this ...

upload_2017-9-18_7-57-47.png

If you shoot JPEG are you finding the JPEG images are straight?

I believe you may be shooting raw and your raw software is not reading the corrections built into the dng file by the phantom.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Indeed I'm shooting raw..And only raw. Ok, thanks a lot. I will turn on JPG as well. Strange my P4 (std) didn't have that problem. On the other hand, another cam.. I check with Cyberlink too.

Hmm.. Loaded the DNG in a viewer called Raw Image Viewer and still the same curve.. So I wonder if it's really my photo editor causing this .. My P4 std generates this as DNG, except the slight tilted horizon no issues..

Attachments

• ship_bay.jpg
    ship_bay.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 516
Hmm.. Loaded the DNG in a viewer called Raw Image Viewer and still the same curve.. So I wonder if it's really my photo editor causing this .. My P4 std generates this as DNG, except the slight tilted horizon no issues..
The problem is that your software isn't handling the files properly.
Shoot jpg or try opening your dng files in Photoshop or Lightroom to see your curved horizon disappear.

Would someone in this thread having Lightroom or Photoshop mind doing me the favor downloading the original pic, take a screenshot having it loaded in the app and put it here for display?

Link to pic:

DJI_0052.DNG

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Would someone in this thread having Lightroom or Photoshop mind doing me the favor downloading the original pic, take a screenshot having it loaded in the app and put it here for display?

Link to pic:

DJI_0052.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Where did this Jpeg come from? Did you process it from a raw file in an app you have? Because a Jpeg should not be curved like if you shot it in Jpeg. This looks like uncorrected RAW file that has been processed without the correction that DJI applies to their raw files which are DNG files.

First one is opened in the Adobe Raw Converter. Second is after I hit open in photoshop. So then it can be saved to whatever format you want when you close it in Photoshop. I did not tweak anything at all btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.20.37.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.20.37.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 456
  • Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.21.19.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.21.19.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 471
And this one I tweaked your sky in and color and saturation while in RAW converter before I ever opened the file in Photoshop. And then I just hit open it up. So it's now open in Photoshop without being touched yet. This process in Raw lets you tweak or bend the pixels a lot more using a lot more digital info so it helps keeps file tighter digitally. Your sky could have never had this much detail if you tried to just burn it down in Photoshop from a Jpeg file.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.31.01.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-19 02.31.01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 487
Thanks! Ok, clearly an issue with Cyberlink Photoeditor. I will open a ticket with them.

Thanks again!

The problem is that your software isn't handling the files properly.
Shoot jpg or try opening your dng files in Photoshop or Lightroom to see your curved horizon disappear.

not true - the software is handling the files just fine - that's what the raw files look like :)

Opening the files in Adobe Camera Raw uses an embedded profile (pre-appled to all jpegs as well) which has been discussed at length on here before

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl