Still Image File Size Question

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and cannot find my answer but how do I, or can I keep my still image file size around 1 MB. I don't really care about overall photo quality and use these photos in an inspection report. It was recommended to me by my inspection software provider to keep my photo file size around 1MB per photo, is that even possible with the Mavic?

I would shoot the images to the maximum quality and size and then downsize it to the clients needs in your photo editor. Start with a width of 1024 and let the program decide the height. That should get you pretty close.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but that would be the file size they require, closed as a jpeg for say emailing etc. So you could have a file open in your preferred program, not sure on the Mavic files, say 30MB, downsize a little to say 2000-2500px width and save as a jpeg. Should keep you around the 1MB mark.

As mentioned above, it's best to shoot full-res photos and resize/compress/crop them later. Irfanview can batch resize photos to a specified dimension and to a specified file size. Under File -->BatchConversion/Rename-->Options you have the ability to choose file size and compression. The physical size of the photo will need to be reduced as well in order to get it down to 1mb. You can do this in Irfanview by scaling by percentage, or by setting the 'long side' or 'short side' dimension. Just be sure to have the 'preserve aspect ratio' pick box checked when resizing.

You may need to download and install the available extension pack as well. This is 100% freeware.

Download IrfanView

Reactions: Falcon900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94