Litchi flyaway need help on why.

Reaction score
I did my first Litchi missions today, just a short flight close to my house. I used my P4 and Ipad air and flew it twice with no issues. Then I tried my P3 standard using a Nexus 7 mk 2 tablet.

The P3 completed the mission hovered for a while then shot off to the NE at 10 mph There was no stick input at all at the time. The wind was NE at about 5 mph.

I did not rerun the mission as I was concerned about losing my P3. I did manage to get control and return to my property.

Kind of makes me nervous to use this feature which is a pity as I like it. But doing a flight that takes me out of sight will be a no go for me right now.

Have uploaded the flight log to

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Or

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

End of actual waypoint mission is at 2.20.9 Aircraft is still in waypoint mode and hovering over home point. It then took off NE and I gained control at 2.37.1 and flew it back .

But it does not show much and does not have stick input I guess due to most of the flight being a mission.

Any help appreciated.

Terry

Last edited:
The P3 completed the mission hovered for a while then shot off to the NE at 10 mph There was no stick input at all at the time. The wind was NE at about 5 mph.
I did not rerun the mission as I was concerned about losing my P3. I did manage to get control and return to my property.
Kind of makes me nervous to use this feature which is a pity as I like it. But doing a flight that takes me out of sight will be a no go for me right now.
Litchi is generally very reliable and will fly whatever you program it to.
Your Standard was in Waypoint mode the whole time and at the same speed that you had programmed which suggests that the mission it was programmed to fly included flying off to the NE after getting back to home.
It's very easy to accidentally add an extra waypoint by touching the screen and that is the most likely explanation for what you observed rather than the Phantom mysteriously flying off on its own.
As you found, it's very simple to cancel a mission by flicking the flight mode switch as long as you have a connection.
I'd suggest doing some more practice to get confidence and being careful to check that the flight you think you have loaded is what Litchi is going to load (without additional accidental waypoints).

Thanks, that is what I thought, however on carefully checking the mission it was completed and the aircraft was hovering as that is what it was set to do. There were no other waypoints set. Don't forget that I had already flown exactly the same mission twice with my p4 without this happening.

I just re uploaded the mission to the P3 made sure that Djigo was not active in the background and re flew the mission, it completed perfectly, so maybe that caused a glitch.

Terry

Last edited:
Thanks, that is what I though, however on carefully checking the mission it was completed and the aircraft was hovering as that is what it was set to do. There were no other waypoints set. Don't forget that I had already flown exactly the same mission twice with my p4 without this happening.
You flew the P4 with a different tablet so that's irrelevant.
You can easily accidentally add a waypoint to a mission you've saved without being aware of it just touching the screen.
And unless you save the mission after that, it's not going to be there next time you load that mission.
Really, that's the only explanation for what you describe.
Litchi is very reliable and will send your Phantom exactly where you program it ... even when it's accidental.

Reactions: RodPad
Makes sense, thanks for the help. Next time I will make sure no spurious points are added to the route just before taking off.

Reactions: RodPad
Yes, this waypoint thing is really a pain, I did it Saturday but caught it, reloaded it. This had caused a crash in the past. When I bring it down I use three waypoints with speed around 3-5 mph. 50 meters, 30 meters and 10 meters. I was ready to hand catch it, off it went at cursing speed 30 mpg, hit a tree almost hit my truck, I shut the app because of the disconnected message. There went my altered mission, no proof. camera dismounted. :rolleyes:

I see the now have mission lock settings, haven't checked that out yet. ;)

So yours went to NE, hum so did mine and where are the camera settings and drop down setting. East side of your map?

There is a white bullet in the video.:eek:

Rod

You could be right Rod, I have now locked all my missions and will only do edits on my PC from now on. I was lucky in that the P3 went off at a height that cleared the trees. Though it was losing altitude. I just caught it in time thank God.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT