Stability Issues After Replacing Shell.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just rebuilt a phantom 2 with h3 3d in a new shell since I cracked the old one. Before the rebuild, I could still fly the phantom no problem, just part of the shell was cracked. Now when I fly it, it tends to spazz randomly. I'm flying smoothly, and then BZZZZZ it twitches a little, then goes back to normal. Everything seems to be connected correctly, I get the green GPS lights, and I have recalibrated the IMU and the compass. The Phantom 2 is pretty much stock all the way around, with the h3 3D. Even stock controller. If this was your phantom, where would you start in diagnosing the problem? I've thought about a few things, such as a loose, or not fully plugged in wire (everything I disconnected seems fully seated), something loose with an antenna and connection breaks for a moment, something to do with the GPS... I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A twitchy Phantom can mean that the gains are set too high. Go into Phantom Assistant and try lowering them.

ussvertigo said:
Did you remove all components from lower shell to install into new shell?
Yes, I completely emptied every component from the old and put it into the new.

HarryT said:
A twitchy Phantom can mean that the gains are set too high. Go into Phantom Assistant and try lowering them.
I'll give that a go. BTW, in the software, I still have it in "Phantom" mode, not NAZA. Can I adjust the gains like that or would I need to switch modes? I don't want to mess anything up as I've never dug that deep in the settings.

g_gomm said:
ussvertigo said:

HarryT said:
I'll give that a go. BTW, in the software, I still have it in "Phantom" mode, not NAZA. Can I adjust the gains like that or would I need to switch modes? I don't want to mess anything up as I've never dug that deep in the settings.

Don't be worried to adjust the gains. Nothing bad can happen except for some wobbling. Just test around 10 feet off of the ground or so. Follow these directions to set gains:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Scroll to the part that says "Basic Parameters". It's really easy, I assure you!

This may be totally unrelated, but after a water crash I had opened P2 up and used compressed air to blow and dry out. Even saved battery by doing same. It flew fine afterwards. Week later I removed all esc units to get to inside of led lens cover for cleaning. I assume I must have over tightened the screws on one for then on it seemed fine until lift off and it would twitch off and on, and did not hold position as well as before. Week later the lights on that esc quit, still flew. Just replaced esc and its back to normal. for what its worth, hope its just an adjustment for you. capg

tferrari said:
g_gomm said:
ussvertigo said:

HarryT said:

Don't be worried to adjust the gains. Nothing bad can happen except for some wobbling. Just test around 10 feet off of the ground or so. Follow these directions to set gains:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Scroll to the part that says "Basic Parameters". It's really easy, I assure you!

That did it... I've been playing around with the gains, and man it's pretty solid now! Thanks for the advice!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl