ST. LOUIS & ST CHARLES MISSOURI

I believe you need to be a member of AMA or GSLMA and get a permit to fly in Buder Park, I could be wrong or misinformed.

I live up north in Winfield Mo and I ordered a P4P yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I believe you need to be a member of AMA or GSLMA and get a permit to fly in Buder Park, I could be wrong or misinformed.

I live up north in Winfield Mo and I ordered a P4P yesterday.

This is correct, however I believe you need both. Not either/or.

Greater Saint Louis Model Association (GSLMA) | Since 1960, GSLMA has worked to advance model aviation in cooperation with St Louis County Parks

Honestly, Buder seems much more geared towards Helicopter/Airplane hobbyists. I haven't seen many drones being flown there.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, as a beginner, I thought I could just fly at any of these parks. Good to know it's only Buder. Is it safe to assume Buder is busy most of the time?

To be honest, I've never flown at Buder, but we visit the park from time to time. My experience is that the main field almost always has at least one person flying... on weekends you'll probably see a good crowd.

Just to give you a head up St. Louis county was taken to court and that's why it's only a policy they can only ask you to leave it's not a law or ordinance so there won't be a criminal infraction just saying you won't be ticketed or go to jail etc be smart and find a good place to fly there is way better places for scenic video and pictures than St. Louis county parks to be honest

Perhaps a good idea for all who live in the St Louis area to post good scenic spots and even their photos/videos. I haven't lived in the area long enough to know really. I fly at a local park frequently and have never had any issues. In fact, I have made several friends. They stop and watch. I invite them to look at my iPad mini as I fly and they get so intrigued. Other than this park, I really don't know where else to go for some great photos and footage.

I've flown over private land numerous times, but I've also hit a few parks. Castlewood, Sherman Beach.... I like picking parks where I can fly out over the river and keep from flying over anyone's head. I have flown at Simpson, but I did on a day in the middle of the week when crowds were nonexistent.

I plan on flying quite a bit this summer out in the Ozarks where we have a condo. I figure flying from a boat pretty much guarantees that no one will bother you.

My wife said she saw a guy flying somewhere near the Winfield lock on the Mississippi River. Anyone here flying there today, she texted me around 10:30?

Not me. I haven't been out. I would love to before the storms roll in but I'm a bit concerned about the wind (14 mph) and wind gusts that are up to 20 mph. I rarely fly if the wind speed is greater than 10 mph. Happy flying!

Where at Creve Couer Park is it possible to fly? Everytime that I've been there, there are thousands of people. Hope you don't upset anyone and good luck

DJI_0029.JPG
DJI_0030.JPG
I live in Wildwood and would like to meet up and fly. Could really use an expert to help me. I still have it on beginner mode and am too chicken to take it off of it. I am a contractor and only use to take job pics currently;

View attachment 78719 View attachment 78720 I live in Wildwood and would like to meet up and fly. Could really use an expert to help me. I still have it on beginner mode and am too chicken to take it off of it. I am a contractor and only use to take job pics currently;

I live in Florissant MO about 31 miles away from you. I wouldn't mind meeting up and sharing what little I know.

My wife said she saw a guy flying somewhere near the Winfield lock on the Mississippi River. Anyone here flying there today, she texted me around 10:30?

I have flown there but not that day... we shoulf all connect sometime.
I've flown over private land numerous times, but I've also hit a few parks. Castlewood, Sherman Beach.... I like picking parks where I can fly out over the river and keep from flying over anyone's head. I have flown at Simpson, but I did on a day in the middle of the week when crowds were nonexistent.

I plan on flying quite a bit this summer out in the Ozarks where we have a condo. I figure flying from a boat pretty much guarantees that no one will bother you.

Newbie here from north end of O'Fallon, Mo... off of Highway P near St. Paul.

Had first flight the other day at Dames Park. Great flight zone!

P3A with IPAD AIR 2.

Looking for learning buddies!

Can meet to fly, or just get together and talk if flight conditions not good.

Retired, so lots of time! ;-)

[email protected]

Reactions: Ron Davis
I was recently flying my P3A between the Clark Bridge and Melvin Price lock and dam.

Homepoint was on Corps. Of Engineers visitor center, just south of 367 and before the Mississippi (Missouri side).

Got politely chased off by County Police.

Reasons: Clark Bridge proximity, dam proximity, bird sanctuary.

The last one (bird sanctuary) is the only one that made sense to me.

But I wasn't gonna make an issue with the fine officer, who was himself a P4 owner.

Shame though... would have liked to use that location!

Reactions: GFields
I agree the bird sanctuary could be problematic. But don't know why Clark Bridge would be an issue. Nonetheless, you did well by just wrapping it up. I'm interested in finding some cool locations to fly in the area. I am getting burned out flying the same two parks I've been at.

I just received my Phantom 4 Pro and have flown it a couple times. I am getting the distance I am able to get on my P4 with antenna modification that I invested over $300 in. So, far I am very happy with the P4P and look forward to getting more flight time in with it.

I agree the bird sanctuary could be problematic. But don't know why Clark Bridge would be an issue. Nonetheless, you did well by just wrapping it up. I'm interested in finding some cool locations to fly in the area. I am getting burned out flying the same two parks I've been at.

I just received my Phantom 4 Pro and have flown it a couple times. I am getting the distance I am able to get on my P4 with antenna modification that I invested over $300 in. So, far I am very happy with the P4P and look forward to getting more flight time in with it.

Went to Cuivre River Park today

A lot of drone restrictions.., nothing over the water, campsites, yada yada.

But I'm considering taking a mission over the west overlook tomorrow or otherwise soon.

Been to Cuivre State Park a lot since I live very close. From what I read there are no state laws against flying drones in Missouri State Parks although they recommend that you inform park admin so they can handle any inquiries they get.

Took a trip up to Hannibal today and took this on the way back home.

DJI_0026.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20