Sooooo..... Whose returning their P4?

Despite DJI screwing me over many years ago with the Zenmuse H3, and then again screwing me over with the Phantom Vision due to poor craftsmanship. I have always been a loyal DJI customer, simply because they are the only company out with decent quadcopters that work "if you get lucky and get a good one"
And that is a BIG issue, you take a real gamble when you buy DJI products because often times you may get one that does not work properly. They also do much false advertising to increase sales and make people excited for their products.
Such was the case when the P3 was released, it clearly stated on their website that waypoints, follow me and point of interest was included and the site did a good job making it look like the P3 could do that all right out of the box. That was one reason why I bought the P3 Pro due to waypoints which I really wanted. It also showed that Apple devices such as the iPad would work, had pictures of the iPad being used on it all over the site. But at the time, Apple was not working and ONLY Android could be used until Apple accepted their Go App.
It was all BS and eventually they changed the website and stated it was not included and that Apple devices would not work. It was a bunch of false advertising and many were pissed off. I know I was, and contacted DJI for a refund which they denied me of. Luckily, later Apple products worked finally and a firmware update added waypoints, follow me and point of interest though DJI screwed up the Waypoints by making you freaking fly first and record, and then being able to set waypoints.. POINTLESS

I will say this, DJI is a Chinese company and they TRULY do not care about customers one bit. In the past they would send free products to people who complained about them to much or made threats to file lawsuits to shut them up. All those mods on the RC forums that help with DJI products only do it because they get free DJI products. Make a bad post about DJI and they will be all over you, even though they know **** well many of those products they get fail and have issues. They will never admit it and if many post they have issues they will claim they never have.

DJI with the Phantom 4 is no different, a bunch of false advertising and hype for a product that is not much different than the Phantom 3. The so called obsticle avoidance is pointless when it only faces forward, and the improved lens? Ha... An excuse to cover up the fact the P4 camera is the exact same as the P3 Pro.
Many of my friends sold their P3's for the P4 and we decided to compare to see which was better. P4 videos looked exactly the same as the P3, photos looked no different. I saw no so called lens improvement!
So my friends said the P4 could fly farther, we drove to a large open area and tested that. My friends P4 flew a mile and had video issues, at 2 miles he lost video signal. My P3 had strong signal and kept going with no issues.
I then changed batteries and loaded up Litchi and flew it 6 miles out with NO issues at all.
Needless to say my friends were not happy.

I was expecting the P4 to have a much better improved camera with 360 rotation, obsticle avoidance all around and Lightbridge 2. I mean, it would have made sense right?! But no of course not, DJI is a money hungry company so a few small improvements to make a few say WoW and a high price.

I am keeping my P3 Pro and say BAH to the P4

Well said I think dji should be regulated by an American company like apple, good service, good follow up and quality control is what they need. After all they do make 1 billion a year. But at this rate maybe not for long if something doesn't change.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello guys.

So I currently don't have any experience with the Phantom-line. My Previouse drone was a DJI Inspire.

Thinking on buying this Phantom 4, but can't make up my mind. The DJI's introduction video looks really promising, but not this thread :p

I'd go for the Phantom 3 Pro, much cheaper and better in my opinion and I think many others.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Well said I think dji should be regulated by an American company like apple, good service, good follow up and quality control is what they need. After all they do make 1 billion a year. But at this rate maybe not for long if something doesn't change.

Sadly I doubt it will ever happen, when the original Phantom came out and I had issues with it and the Zenmuse, a manager of DJI "which was a very small company back then" promised me that customer service and quality control will get better. To shut me up they sent me free products for a bit as they do to others.
Years have passed and they make billions and have tons of employees and shops worldwide but customer service has not changed. Nor has their attitudes about "take money and do not care what the customer says"
They are a typical Chinese company that basically says fu** the customer all we want is cash.
Just look at their customer service departments, pictures of customers quads thrown all over the floors. Customers getting their products back not fixed, more broke or super dirty when it takes DJI months to even claim they checked it.
DJI is all about releasing new products, hyping them up and taking the cash and nothing more.

I'd go for the Phantom 3 Pro, much cheaper and better in my opinion and I think many others.
Better on what? Range?

Range isnt that important. I kind of like some of the new features on the P4 also :p

After some youtube search, i saw a few people getting the range that was advertised, so im sure it isnt that big of a deal. Got no plans to fly that far away anyway :)

Sadly I doubt it will ever happen, when the original Phantom came out and I had issues with it and the Zenmuse, a manager of DJI "which was a very small company back then" promised me that customer service and quality control will get better. To shut me up they sent me free products for a bit as they do to others.
Years have passed and they make billions and have tons of employees and shops worldwide but customer service has not changed. Nor has their attitudes about "take money and do not care what the customer says"
They are a typical Chinese company that basically says fu** the customer all we want is cash.
Just look at their customer service departments, pictures of customers quads thrown all over the floors. Customers getting their products back not fixed, more broke or super dirty when it takes DJI months to even claim they checked it.
DJI is all about releasing new products, hyping them up and taking the cash and nothing more.

Well that just about sums up China I guess, sad really if they had the same thinking as Americans they would be making trillions not billions.

Well that just about sums up China I guess, sad really if they had the same thinking as Americans they would be making trillions not billions.

I agree, every product I have bought from China has never been great. Sadly, they have no regulations and can get away with anything.

the flight time in advertisement is the maximum flight time you can get with optimum conditions and with a smooth flight style. if you fly all the battery with full power you could end up with less than 20 minutes. my old Phantom 2 Vision could already reach 25 minutes in smooth flight style, flying it full power I could reach only about 17 minutes. also the more cycles a battery is used the shorter becomes the flight time, and some batteries can reach their end of life already after less than 30 flights already depending on flight style and how and with how much load you store them.
by the way, i think the Phantom 2 Vision is the best and most solid Copter which they ever made. P3 has too many restrictions already and P4 even more.
if you want more quality batteries, you can buy the same size batteries from Hobbyking and change them into the case from DJI. But careful, that needs experience and some knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: peterepeat69
I agree, every product I have bought from China has never been great. Sadly, they have no regulations and can get away with anything.

Like the p4 battery for example, advertise the mah, but lower the mah to save on costs, I've been ripped off that many times on batteries from China I no longer can count on my hand, I use to be in to 4channel rc helicopters, some batteries I bought burnt up others didn't last 4 minutes, no regulation no control all shite.

I had issues with my P2 batteries failing always, I been lucky with my P3 battery. Never has given me issues and charged over 100 times.

I am not happy with DJI, which is why I am sticking with the phantom 2 for a while. The P3 really is not much better - I have fly buddies who have the pro and tbh we're evenly matched. The p4, as we have agreed, is a space holding gimmick.
The p2 is future proof, as it's made to be upgradable and the camera is easily swapped or removed...

Imo the point is simple, for those who have p2/p1/yuneec/solo, P4 is a great machine and who purchase will be satisfied. For those who owns a p3/I1 P4 imo don't worth the money.

Since when are dji flight times accurate? Since day one they have overestimated flight times. They should come up with two rating like car manufacturers. One for ideal conditions /drop from the sky 28 min rating and the other under normal flying conditions until the battery drains to recommended landing at 30% ( which will probably be 16-18 minutes) . As far as range the light ridge was originally rated at 1.2 miles and only recently have they bumped it up to 3.1 mile because under IDEAL conditions it can reach that range. I've had my p3 advance out to 2.5 miles and will eventually test the p4 range after I have broken in the battery...

I have the phantom 1, 2, 3, and 4 and love them all for different reasons...the phantom 4 build quality and flying ability is by far the best.. I did a distance test the other day and got 7100 feet on my p3 advance and 6500 feet on my p4 flying in the same direction and height.. I will perform more distance tests this weekend and make sure I have all settings the same on both phantoms.

Sorry that was supposed to be sarcasm, not to mention their comparison chart has the wrong range for the P3. I just ordered the P3P for $799 as opposed to the other one due to the negative reviews, either way DJI wins.

Consider buying two, you'll have a backup to fly while you're repairing cracks on the other.

Reactions: Szon3
I purchased an inspire, S900 and a P3 last year. All worked perfect out of the box, no cracks in the shell of the P3. My new 4 had a usb port problem, so i had to exchange at the apple store. No biggy. Im sold on DJI products.

Dude, did you or your friends read the description before you bought it?

I wasn't expecting light bridge2 nor was I expecting 360 degree camera?

Maybe it's just the wrong Drone for your "friends". Mine goes further and longer than my P3P... Albeit a small amount in both cases.

Consider buying two, you'll have a backup to fly while you're repairing cracks on the other.
Your logic is flawed. What if they are both cracked? Of course I could still fly it and still get a longer battery life. (Again sarcasm)

Your logic is flawed. What if they are both cracked? Of course I could still fly it and still get a longer battery life. (Again sarcasm)

Very true on your first point, the second - not so much... at least not in my experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z