Sooooo..... Whose returning their P4?

Not noticeably better. And you need to post processing them too because out of the box are not quality stills.
If I wasnt on vacation, I'd spent more time trying to figure out what you're saying.

By the way, I'm staying at a villa with a valley with nothinG around but cows and we found a herd of cows about a mile blos and we went about 50 feet above them to make them scared and run. So funny.

Ok, I'm gonna lay it out like this for everyone.

I own practically the entire fleet of DJI products and money just isn't that much of a problem for me, as I'm blessed with enough to not worry even if I hated it (as it comes to the P4). I would be unhappy about wasting the money but it wouldnt effect my lift.

So my review is pure. The P4 range seems almost the same to me personally, but then again I never cared about trying to get 5 miles. In fact, on either p3p or p3a nor the P4 have I ever been worried about losing vlos and I WILL often fly blos.

So with that said, the P4 is much more fun for me to fly than the P3 and I love the P3. I enjoy the choice for slow shots and (even though I fly 250s and love racing) there is something different about taking a P4 and putting it in sport mode just for fun.

I get people analyze to death and rightfully so but to me there is no question, money not being a factor, the P4 is just more fun and a better machine.

Is it worth the cost? Again, that depends what the cost is to you.

**Always pay the mortgage first.

I am also getting poor range and poor battery life. I have over 30 DJI drones and have tested each under a variety of conditions. I have tested two P4 so far using 5 different batteries (not yet cycled), and also i have tested both drones on range. The range on both is not very far,,,,,,,,seems less than the P3. Definitely no where close to 3 miles. I loose signal at around .5 mile.

I think the P4 is very cool for some of the other technology like the follow me, obstacle avoidance, and the tracking. I also think that newer firmware will help improve any issues. Im very surprised that DJI made a big deal about the longer range and longer battery life bc i dont see it.

Separate question for anyone,,,,,,,,,with the 30 or so drones i have , i have created a website to sell some at very low prices.

AM i allowed to post my website address here for people to check out ?

thanks

Steve

Reactions: AeroVisionz
I am also getting poor range and poor battery life. I have over 30 DJI drones and have tested each under a variety of conditions. I have tested two P4 so far using 5 different batteries (not yet cycled), and also i have tested both drones on range. The range on both is not very far,,,,,,,,seems less than the P3. Definitely no where close to 3 miles. I loose signal at around .5 mile.

I think the P4 is very cool for some of the other technology like the follow me, obstacle avoidance, and the tracking. I also think that newer firmware will help improve any issues. Im very surprised that DJI made a big deal about the longer range and longer battery life bc i dont see it.

Separate question for anyone,,,,,,,,,with the 30 or so drones i have , i have created a website to sell some at very low prices.

AM i allowed to post my website address here for people to check out ?

thanks

Steve
.5 miles?! I get way more than that it in flying in San Fernando Valley (in the Valley) with lights and power lines in every spot you can see.

If you're getting .5 and that's it, I'd have it looked at. That is just not right.

By the way, I'm staying at a villa with a valley with nothinG around but cows and we found a herd of cows about a mile blos and we went about 50 feet above them to make them scared and run. So funny.

Not funny o_O

Last edited:
He doesn't deserve even an answer. We're talking about quality of the still and he answered talking about how funny is to scare cows and how rich he is like if he is the only one that can buy a p4 without problems. [emoji1]
Well we are talking to ..UPTOLEVEL6 .

Me either.. Took it out 12k feet today with no problems.. Could've went further. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Myetkt
Mine is going back. I can't even fly it because the firmware won't upgrade. I'll buy another Phantom 3A.

I'm guessing reduced P4 flying time is the result of output to power the object censor. If I'm right the question is whether or not object avoidance is worth sacrificing some flying time.

If that is the situation I suppose it would depend on terrain where one usually flies. If it's a wide open space with no trees or buildings, then object avoidance is not worth the trade-off. But if one needs to contend with trees, buildings, power-line pylons, telephone poles, etc., then object avoidance is an extremely valuable feature which is well worth sacrificing some air time for.

I'm guessing reduced P4 flying time is the result of output to power the object censor. If I'm right the question is whether or not object avoidance is worth sacrificing some flying time.

If that is the situation I suppose it would depend on terrain where one usually flies. If it's a wide open space with no trees or buildings, then object avoidance is not worth the trade-off. But if one needs to contend with trees, buildings, power-line pylons, telephone poles, etc., then object avoidance is an extremely valuable feature which is well worth sacrificing some air time for.

But how often do people fly face first into that kind of stuff with FPV going? Almost seems like placing it anywhere but forward would have been more valuable.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I'm keeping mine.

I'm quite happy with it. I don't know what everyone is moaning about. I'm getting longer flights, and way more distance. Better optics, OA is awesome, and Sport mode is stupidly fun and nice to use when you want to get somewhere fast. Active track rocks for shooting action sports. I'm not a long distance freak, so I couldn't care less about the distance issue, I still get over a mile in my wifi saturated area with no signal drop.

So far my flights have been around 21-23 minutes, with over 30% to spare.

Also why is no one mentioning that the camera is way more stable and there's almost zero jello / rolling shutter vibration even when shooting at 1/2000s? My P3 had terrible jello issues if I shot anything more than 1/125s.

Glad to hear you're happy.

A bunch of guys here will complain and whine endlessly regardless of what is released. They just need to tell everyone else. Misery loves company I guess.

:)

Reactions: pomonabill220
I honestly always kept wondering whether threads such as:

- who is going to sell P3?
- who is going to buy P4?
- who is going to return their P4?
- who is happy with their P4?

and alike, are initiated by some undercover DJI people trying to make a
- quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- market surveys reg user experience
- market reception / demand
- etcetera

I mean a forum like this one is a goldmine of information. Free too...
Never crossed your mind?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik