Soon to be Phantom 3 STD. owner in Illinois

Reaction score
My name is Rick and I've ordered my P3std from Amazon. ( Xmas gift cards ) I was able to snag it for the $399 price but unfortunately, they say it is special order and won't arrive until Jan. 25th - Feb. 14th :(

Looked to cancel my order to purchase from another seller but found that everyone's price raised to $499 after the holidays. So I sit here inpatient enjoying everyone else's videos and fun while I wait. :)

Look forward to your advice and learning and sharing experiences.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: rleigh
Gives you a few weeks to....
A-F) READ THE MANUAL.
G) REGISTER with faa.
H) Scope out flying areas. AMA web sight will show you rc clubs in your area for open fields with flying debris allowed.
I) Clear out disk drive to hold videos, the 8 gig card will hold 2-3 at 1080P 30fps flights before filling up.
J) pester the mailman... is it here yet!

Don't rush the first flight wait for a good day, go through the checklist and enjoy.

Gives you a few weeks to....
A-F) READ THE MANUAL.
G) REGISTER with faa.
H) Scope out flying areas. AMA web sight will show you rc clubs in your area for open fields with flying debris allowed.
I) Clear out disk drive to hold videos, the 8 gig card will hold 2-3 at 1080P 30fps flights before filling up.
J) pester the mailman... is it here yet!

Don't rush the first flight wait for a good day, go through the checklist and enjoy.

LOL...Thanks, I have done everything on your list but J. Don't want to upset the hands that will hold your product before you ;)

Welcome to the forum Rick .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I had it worse. bought drone on black friday and had to wait till christmas. LOL
you think it is bad waiting for it, try waiting when you HAVE it.

Honing in on my skills while I wait for Phantom to arrive :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great practice, make sure you learn the RTH function on your new phantom when it arrives. :)

It has arrived! Now time to go over the manual for what seems the hundredth time and master the check list.

3922358448a07f1256a2347d5e983f8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: microraptor
Learn the RTH feature, seen alot of posts on here lately asking for advice on how to get my phantom out of a tree. Good luck and happy flying.

I recommend the DJI Pre-flight App. It has a good check list and lots of other good information on it.

Tobby

I recommend the DJI Pre-flight App. It has a good check list and lots of other good information on it.

Tobby
Already downloaded LOL, I probably have every app with a good rating I could find on Android ;)

One accessory I think is a must (though many do not agree) .. is the prop guards. If the bird were to tilt or hit a wall, it would simply bounce back, and not break the propellers, send air-borne debris, and crash. I'm still flying in P-GPS mode, though I know I need to learn P-ATTI just in case I need to take full control of the drone, in case of high winds or sensor failure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31