Soon to be Phantom 3 STD. owner in Illinois

One accessory I think is a must (though many do not agree) .. is the prop guards. If the bird were to tilt or hit a wall, it would simply bounce back, and not break the propellers, send air-borne debris, and crash. I'm still flying in P-GPS mode, though I know I need to learn P-ATTI just in case I need to take full control of the drone, in case of high winds or sensor failure.

I understand your concern and probably will get some for areas that would be at more risk. But although this is my first Phantom, I have been flying R/C and less expensive drones for several years now. I'm not one to push the limits of something I can barely afford to buy once let alone have to fix just because I was being careless. #married #kids LOL

Last Monday I unboxed my first P3s. The weather here has been crap with constant wind. I wanted to test it to make sure there were no issues I needed to be aware of incase I needed to return it so I did a quick low altitude flight. Video was taken from phone storage so low quality.

Jealous of all the open space you have. I fixed my P3P not too long ago and been going crazy waiting for the weather to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Got another quick flight in before sundown and while the wind settled a bit. Could have spent a little more time with my panning slow motion edits so they weren't so choppy but not too bad for a quicky. I got lucky with a flock of geese passing while in flight. :)

I am within 5 miles of an airport so I have to drive out if I want to fly. I would have to find an open park that will allow me to fly.

As far as Chicago goes the rules that I know of are: you can't fly 8pm-8am, no flying over churches, schools, or police stations hospitals, or stadiums. You cant fly over other people property without permission, must be kept in line of sight

My name is Rick and I've ordered my P3std from Amazon. ( Xmas gift cards ) I was able to snag it for the $399 price but unfortunately, they say it is special order and won't arrive until Jan. 25th - Feb. 14th :(

Looked to cancel my order to purchase from another seller but found that everyone's price raised to $499 after the holidays. So I sit here inpatient enjoying everyone else's videos and fun while I wait. :)

Look forward to your advice and learning and sharing experiences.
Be careful with follow me mine turned away from me and flew into the ground today crashed badly waiting to see if DJI is going to help or just say pilot fault
Sad day in SC!
Chun nation

Reactions: rleigh
Be careful with follow me mine turned away from me and flew into the ground today crashed badly waiting to see if DJI is going to help or just say pilot fault
Sad day in SC!
Chun nation
Sorry to hear that bud! Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to hear that bud! Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks at least I Still got my solo that does everything I tell it to (including follow me)with all the updates it's a very nice drone glad I bought it when best buy started selling them for 300
Chun nation

Hi Rick.. I am also new to this. I live in Normal, IL. Down in Florida for the winter. Just got a P3A with the 2.7K camera. Got it used from a friend. Has extra battery, 4 extra props, and a case. Will use with Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Wanted to use my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 but won't fit the holder. Noticed your control has one antenna. Mine as two???
Just sent off for my FAA cert. Will get via email. Now all I need is to find a place to fly it! Will wait a while before flying over the Gulf...or any water! Have fun with that thing....and go slow until you get used to it. I am a Commercial Pilot and have seen a few get there pilots license and think they can do anything, and get in trouble big time. We can also do the same...but we will always walk away from our mistakes with a drone.
Good Luck
Greg

Hi Rick.. I am also new to this. I live in Normal, IL. Down in Florida for the winter. Just got a P3A with the 2.7K camera. Got it used from a friend. Has extra battery, 4 extra props, and a case. Will use with Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Wanted to use my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 but won't fit the holder. Noticed your control has one antenna. Mine as two???
Just sent off for my FAA cert. Will get via email. Now all I need is to find a place to fly it! Will wait a while before flying over the Gulf...or any water! Have fun with that thing....and go slow until you get used to it. I am a Commercial Pilot and have seen a few get there pilots license and think they can do anything, and get in trouble big time. We can also do the same...but we will always walk away from our mistakes with a drone.
Good Luck
Greg

Thanks, Greg

I have been flying for years, just not a Phantom. I fly over water and at distance with no concern. My main thing at first was trusting the auto technology in these as I am used to having full control. Have fun in Florida and don't miss the chance for some awesome footage out of fear. Get it why you can ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20