Sometimes my P4P won’t take pictures when shooting brackets

Reaction score
I’ll press the button on the remote and nothing happens - no rotating circle while writing to the card. Then I’ll press the shutter button on my iPad and it works. Then the next time it won’t work via the iPad and the button on the controller works. It seems to be random as to which one will work.

Are you sure it’s not taking the pics? I find sometimes I don’t get the audio feedback or even the red circle feedback that the pic’s being taken. But I think they are. It would be a GO4 bug.

Are you sure it’s not taking the pics? I find sometimes I don’t get the audio feedback or even the red circle feedback that the pic’s being taken. But I think they are. It would be a GO4 bug.

Yes. Once I got entirely through a real estate shoot and realized the damned thing hadn’t recorded any pictures.

Ive been having problems like this for months. No idea how to solve it

I've had this "no shutter sound" issue for a couple of years now. I always look at the Pictures Left counter to make sure it counts down. If there is ANY doubt I immediately re-shoot the image. It's a lot easier to delete a few extras later than to miss the shot or have to come back again.

Also you should ALWAYS check your work before you leave the job site.

I’ve had that issue. Not sure I know what went wrong. Reformatted the card, and all was back to normal.

I've got over a dozen SD cards. I think I may reformat all of them this evening and see if I can see an improvement. Good idea.

Reactions: Starz
tell us your result please, I have this issue with photogrammetry works and a missing pic means bad results and getting back to field many times is not an option.

Reactions: BigAl07
I formatted all my SD cards in one case last night so I'll be able to test if this helps the next time I fly. Unfortunately we have some wet weather supposed to roll in later today so it may be a day or two before I can get back out to fly & test.

tell us your result please, I have this issue with photogrammetry works and a missing pic means bad results and getting back to field many times is not an option.

It's ironic that I've yet to have a mapping mission flown that misses any pictures and we do them often for our Commercial Construction projects. Sometimes dozens and dozens of acres and not a single missed image. There seems to be some correlation between the pressing of the Shutter Button manually that causes the "assumed" missing of pictures.

I'm really hoping that formatting my SD cards helps to resolve this issue as it's an easy "Fix" going forward.

I've had this "no shutter sound" issue for a couple of years now. I always look at the Pictures Left counter to make sure it counts down. If there is ANY doubt I immediately re-shoot the image. It's a lot easier to delete a few extras later than to miss the shot or have to come back again.

Also you should ALWAYS check your work before you leave the job site.
Awful how this has been a problem for years and there hasnt been a fix

Reactions: BigAl07
Awful how this has been a problem for years and there hasnt been a fix

I've sent this in to DJI and got the "canned message":

Vivian.Wu (DJI Support)

May 9, 17:16 CST

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting DJI.

Sincerely appreciate your support to DJI.

Thanks for your precious feedback. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the senior technician for review. Please stay tuned in for more updates through our official website.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.
Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Vivian
DJI Technical Support

I doubt that reformatting a card will help this. I noticed that if you shoot a sequence and follow it with another sequence too soon, you will not hear the 'pretend' shutter sound especially if you're doing 5 frame bursts.. That is because the memory buffer is too small to hold the files that are queued up to go to the card. and there's no room left for new exposures to be stored in the buffer. I've noticed that even though the sound may be missing (a glitch with the app) images may still be written to the card. Look at the shutter button to the right of your screen after you make the exposures. If there is an animated rotating circle icon that means that the files are still being written. If you can wait for that to stop, then the sound will resume with the next burst and all will seem normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic