Someone who shouldn't fly a drone

Reaction score
While waiting for my son after school at a community center. The center at the time was being used as a homeless shelter because of the weather. I ran into to a guy that was staying there, and he was out flying a inspire 1. After watching for awhile and seeing how he was flying. I thought this is someone that shouldn't be flying a drone not alone a inspire. One of the things he kept trying to do was chase his little dog around with it. He would land the drone so close to the dog it almost got the dog. And when the kids started walking through the park after school he would buzz the kids. That's when I spoke with him and told him that's isnt a good thing to do. He just said that he knows what he is doing and the kids like it. People like him give the ones that follow the rules a bad name.

Reactions: Harleydude
People always know what they're doing until something goes wrong. That's when you hear," I just didn't know...."

I think I'd report the unsafe and illegal use to the local authorities and even to the FAA. We would report a motorist driving recklessly, wouldn't we?

Completely ignorant and dangerous behavior.
Inspires' props are big and strong enough to cut anyone down to the bones not to mention what happens if you get it into the head or neck. It is a life threatening situation. Even if he had a Mavic Mini that wouldn't be very wise to do, with Inspire that is crazy.

Reactions: Scott Davis
I thought the same, we must be missing something. ;)
Free housing, now I can buy a drone?

Rod

If all the idiots of the world suddenly disappeared, how many people would be left?
Report ANY dangerous behavior to the police, drone or not. The safety of the public is bigger than any idiot's ego.

Reactions: SkyFly
That's what I thought too about being at a shelter and owning a expensive drone, maybe it's all he has, Who knows.

While waiting for my son after school at a community center. The center at the time was being used as a homeless shelter because of the weather. I ran into to a guy that was staying there, and he was out flying a inspire 1. After watching for awhile and seeing how he was flying. I thought this is someone that shouldn't be flying a drone not alone a inspire. One of the things he kept trying to do was chase his little dog around with it. He would land the drone so close to the dog it almost got the dog. And when the kids started walking through the park after school he would buzz the kids. That's when I spoke with him and told him that's isnt a good thing to do. He just said that he knows what he is doing and the kids like it. People like him give the ones that follow the rules a bad name.

SORRY, I hadn’t read the responses yet. Great minds I guess!

If he can afford to fly an DJI Inspire what the heck was he doing in a homeless shelter? I’m rarely negative on this forum but that’s just shows you how screwed up society is these days. SMH!

• Haha
Reactions: KevMo Photog
If you see such behavior you've got to do more than just report it. You'll need to document it otherwise it's just your word against his. Drag out your phone, shoot some video showing what he's doing and report it. If you don't have his name etc odds are they will have nothing to investigate unless there is an incident and local LEO are called into action.

Listen, the guy may have recently lost his home due to something like a house fire etc and the drone happened to be in his car. We should take someone "being homeless" very seriously and try to not pass judgement. Remember the old saying about "Living in glass houses"....

"Drag out your phone, shoot some video showing what he's doing and report it."
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

If you see such behavior you've got to do more than just report it. You'll need to document it otherwise it's just your word against his. Drag out your phone, shoot some video showing what he's doing and report it. If you don't have his name etc odds are they will have nothing to investigate unless there is an incident and local LEO are called into action.

Listen, the guy may have recently lost his home due to something like a house fire etc and the drone happened to be in his car. We should take someone "being homeless" very seriously and try to not pass judgement. Remember the old saying about "Living in glass houses"....
The OP does say at the time it was being used as a homeless shelter due to weather so sounds like an act of God thing and like you said maybe was in his car & all thats all he has left or he could be taking advantage of the system could go either way

Reactions: BigAl07
When I saw the guy flying the Inspire it didnt matter to me where he was staying at,, but the way he was flying and where, Most parks here you cant fly a drone, and he wasn't flying in a safe manor. I did tell him that it wasn't a good idea to buzz the kids as they was walking though the park from school.

On a different note, this was the first time I was able to see a inspire in person, I have only seen them in video. I ask the guy if I could pick it up and he said ok, I was surprised at how heavy it is compared to my phantom 4.

Reactions: dronesky
When I saw the guy flying the Inspire it didnt matter to me where he was staying at,, but the way he was flying and where, Most parks here you cant fly a drone, and he wasn't flying in a safe manor. I did tell him that it wasn't a good idea to buzz the kids as they was walking though the park from school.

On a different note, this was the first time I was able to see a inspire in person, I have only seen them in video. I ask the guy if I could pick it up and he said ok, I was surprised at how heavy it is compared to my phantom 4.

They are heavier but also faster and stronger. The inspire is a BLAST to fly.

Those who fail to take action on civil or criminal acts are just a negligent and culpable as those who are committing it. The "do-nothings" cause more damage than the "doers".
Remember assume - ***/u/me!!???

Those who fail to take action on civil or criminal acts are just a negligent and culpable as those who are committing it. The "do-nothings" cause more damage than the "doers".
Remember assume - ***/u/me!!???
Where does this end? I had a coworker once that bragged about cheating on his taxes. Should I drop a dime on him? If I don’t, am I a tax cheat as well? Based on what you wrote it sounds like you think I am.

Where does this end? I had a coworker once that bragged about cheating on his taxes. Should I drop a dime on him? If I don’t, am I a tax cheat as well? Based on what you wrote it sounds like you think I am.
Yeah, Its kind of heading the wrong way for what hasn't happen.;)

Having some video that could be posted!
No matter what, I'm going to try to record video in any awkward situation!

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic