Somehow soft bricked my Pro Plus controller.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not sure how exactly, but after successfully rooting and installing google play on my Plus controller I seem to have managed to soft brick it.
It was all going so well, lol.
I could download and install stuff I had bought previously from the play store and life was good.
I did have to register my controller with google as a device using a custom ROM for that to work.

I was trying by various methods to install a modified NLDGO4 and something I have done during these attempts has screwed it up.

At the moment I get a pulsing DJI logo on the screen but it never finishes boot.
Using Android Developer Bridge (ADB) from my PC I can browse the filesystem and issue commands like "adb reboot recovery" to boot into the stock recovery which is a bit limited. But then you lose ADB.

Not sure what to do next. I had hoped someone had been here before and had a Stock ROM or a Nandroid backup or a complete /system folder or something that I could flash/ push/ install to recover the device.

I am not an expert with Android atall though I have some experience rooting phones and TWRP custom recovery etc.

Assistant 2 does not see the RC when I plug it in and I suspect the bin for the RC firmware is not the problem, its the Android tablet part which has gone tits up. Unless they are one and the same thing. But on a normal controller your phone/tablet firmware is totally separate from the RC firmware.

I have another normal controller so there is no desperate need to fix it, but if anyone has been here before or can help in some way I'd be very pleased.

I'm not wanting to sent it off for "repair" because there is nothing "wrong" with it, I want to fix the software myself so we can all finally have a method for getting the pro plus controller we all want.

It just stays on the pulsing DJI logo. I can use ADB to browse the RC filesystem when this is displayed and can issue remote commands like "adb reboot recovery" from my PC, but the stock recovery is pretty useless.

It does not bootloop, it just never finishes booting, the pulsing DJI logo stays on forever. I dont get a black screen.

I tried to reboot into fastboot but that is just a black screen and does not respond to fastboot commands.

Fastboot is always black screen, can you send a pm with whatsapp details?

Yeah, sure.
We can have a bit of fun trying to revive it!
lol.

Thanks.

I've rooted several phones in the past, but have resisted rooting the P4P+ controller. This is one reason why

Well, we'll fix it eventually. Its not dead just needs the right approach.
Someone has to do it.

Any update on this yet. Want to be sure I can undo any issues I may cause by trying to load google store on to plus controller

Not yet, still stuck on the DJI logo. Though I have got fastboot connectivity a couple of times, I didn't flash a different recovery. Stupid...
I think I unlocked the bootloader with Fastboot OEM unlock
Still working on it.
Chip is a Rockchip RK3288 but the drivers I have dont seem to reliably allow a fastboot connection so I can't flash a different (useful) recovery.

I saw on another thread about someone ending up in the same condition after doing an OTA update...

Paperweight at the moment.

All part of the fun, lol

Reactions: lucky245
lol. its full of adverts for skimpily clad ladies.....nice.

I'll have to sort that out....

Double tap

Make that a triple, sorry...

Yeah, rebooted fine.. Checked recovery, its the same as before :(
checked fastboot, still no connectivity.
Checked assistant 2, still not connecting, this controller has NEVER connected to Assistant 2.

Cool. Google play store works, had to re-register as a custom rom using the Google Play Service Framework ID (GSF) given by the device ID app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl