Some of my first shots

Reaction score
When taking night shots it must be dead calm, no wind at all. It appears you had some wind since it's so out of focus. With calm conditions, try 1 to 2 second exposures in manual mode and experiment with different ISO settings. Take 5 or 6 shots of the same scene and pick the best focused one of the group. Here's a nightshot from my P4.
upload_2016-12-22_19-48-22.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
When taking night shots it must be dead calm, no wind at all. It appears you had some wind since it's so out of focus. With calm conditions, try 1 to 2 second exposures in manual mode and experiment with different ISO settings. Take 5 or 6 shots of the same scene and pick the best focused one of the group.
Great call John! Thanks for sharing. Need to take notes for my own night shots... need to mess with exposures

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go say HI :)

Reactions: aermale
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Taking multiple shots makes alot of sense.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah totally... I need to let my drone hover in the same spot and just snap tons of pics messing around with settings!!! I'm a sucker for auto focus and not taking the time to mess with manual :)

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Go say HI :)

Reaction score

I tried...

Your first shots were awesome, don't be discouraged. It just looks like this was a foggy night and that's why it looks like this. Exactly what I'd expect - I don't think this is your fault! Just keep getting out there and shooting with it. Mess with the settings - something I need to do myself.

Feel free to hop on my Facebook below to talk/message me about some more drone stuff/ask any questions as you're learning! :)

Here to help!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Reaction score
Thanks. I was trying the longer exposure times with lower light. This was early Christmas Eve morning, with everyone asleep. The fog was enticing me to get a sleepy looking shot or two, but instead grounded my AC for a few days. The moisture from the fog seemed to swamp my bird so heavily that I can't imagine flying for a few days, while her feathers dry out. Yuck...

Reactions: JTC Films

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nallison123