Solid red lights in front blinking green in the rear

Reaction score
Hi all:

I posted a bit about my roof crash yesterday with my Phantom 4. The only thing that seemed like an issue was broken blades. Today I went to get it up and working and a couple of odd things happened. I have looked in the manual, but can't seem to find where this info is (ie there is no description in the section about blinking lights that explains what it means when the two front lights are solid red and the back ones are blinking green. When I turn on the props I hear a fast beeping from the drone. Then I got a warning about inconsistent firmware and updated it. Not sure what to try next.

Hope it is not sicker than I first thought.

Thanks

I might be stating the obvious as a newbie myself, but have you tried recalibrating following the firmware update?

I might be stating the obvious as a newbie myself, but have you tried recalibrating following the firmware update?
Yes, recalibrated compass. The rapid beeping is from the controller - could not tel when I was by the drone but the rotors made the beeping sound like it was coming from the craft.

What about an IMU calibration? Although I suspect the App would warn you if it wasn't happy.

I hope that you manage to get it back in the air safely soon.

On page 12 of the P4 manual is the light color and type of flashing descriptions.

On page 12 of the P4 manual is the light color and type of flashing descriptions.
I read that but nothing seems to describe solid red in front flashing green in the back unless that means critical error safe to fly.

I went through a checklist again and looked at all status - One that had not seen indicated that collision avoidance was an issue. Blew both sensors with a bit of air, and it seems to have fixed things. Took a five minute flight and everything went well. Then my iPad overheated. Landed it safely and looked at the video. The video quality amazes me. As to the iPad overheating, going to see if anyone has posted on that issue. It gets hot in Scottsdale.

Red flashing is usually related to battery error.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

solid red in front and flashing green in rear all is good to go, this is normal when the rear turn red and start to flash you are in your 30% warning when they go solid red you are in the last 10%, this happens in flight. if you are calibrating your compass and the greens go red it is a fault.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl