Solid Red Light after FW update

But I cant update, to any firmware :(
Don't know if it helps but I read about unfinished updates where the bird was bleeping loud. Guys were successful by trying again and waiting quite a long time to have the bad update wiped out and replaced by the correct one.
do you hear this loud bleeping as well?
are you sure you downloaded the right update for your model of phantom? such as Advanced for advanced, professional for professional?

Reactions: Palmieri
Don't know if it helps but I read about unfinished updates where the bird was bleeping loud. Guys were successful by trying again and waiting quite a long time to have the bad update wiped out and replaced by the correct one.
do you hear this loud bleeping as well?
are you sure you downloaded the right update for your model of phantom? such as Advanced for advanced, professional for professional?

Thanks Serge, yes Im sure I download the correct version... I have the loud beepling sound with the gimbal led light RED and Constant, not blinking, this is the beepling? Should I wait?

I/m not sure 100% but I believe Ianwood had the same issue and talked about it. there is stuff on the forum about that. personally I didn't have the problem then I can't advise too much. If I find it again I will post it.

Thanks friend, Ill wait then, how much? Im afraid that the Phantom burn doue to the temperature?
Ianwood said it stopped bleeping after about 15mn... Mine was quite hot during the update too.

Copy and paste the file to the SD card. I was dragging and dropping it and that was my problem.

Just to be clear, you don't have the gimbal lock on why you're updating right? It has to be free to move while updating

Another day, another 5 failed updates.
Usb2, Usb3, copy and paste correct Firmware for my model, 2 different class 10 cards...

All ends in the dreaded 'scream' from both the Drone and me. Gutted.

Has anyone resolved this issue? I did my first firmware upgrade this weekend. Received my P3 in June. I tried to go to 1.4. Basically followed directions. Upgrade starts with red and green blinking light. Then after a minute or two it goes to solid red and nothing happens. After about 20 minutes of nothing happening I remove SD card and the txt file says upgrade failed. I have tried with 3 different SD cards. Tried to go back to 1.32 same thing happens. Tried to go back to upgrade before that and still same thing. The about section in the Go app says I am on 1.4 but I get a no signal in the go app with no FPV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The response I got from DJI was:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

After the "device not detected" message there are two sets of entries confirming the drone is on the latest version. However, you might be able to check the ribbon cable between the gimbal and the aircraft, check that it is connected well.
After that you can check the firmware version in the App in the menu at "About". Also you can try to update again after that, to check the bottom of the txt file for a successful version check.

Our apologies for the delayed response, I still hope we can get to a solution soon.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

DJI Europe Technical Support

Although the gimbal gives the impression the update has failed it appears to have installed. The quad appears to fly fine. Not fully checked the cables yet. If I spot anything I'll report back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues