sold my p3p but

Reaction score
I sold my p3p but after a couple of weeks he's brought it back for repair, he said he downloaded the latest firmware now 3 motors start for 3-4 seconds then stop 1 motor doesn't start at all,
all 4 motors feel the same when I move them by hand

any answers?

When I looked at it all I got was a black screen on the tab, I did manage to get camera view and also set all the info that has to be entered (RTH, etc) but when I thought it was all ok went outside and done CSC it started 3 motors only for 3-4 seconds then shutdown.
so it's something I cannot sort out, he's going to have to find somebody near to somerset to sort it for him.
Ray

Last edited:
I don't know how different the P is from the A which I have, but what are all the status lights telling you, Gimbal light, drone rear status lights and the RC left hand light?
What firmware is installed on everything, drone, RC and App, battery? Having mucked about with it, are they c compatible?
However, the fact that only three motors run is very odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
I suggest you have him join this forum so it will be easier to help him figure out what happened since he took ownership.

Never understand why people update without a reason. As said, often mucks things up. Hope they join the forum. Should be able to revert firmware in assistant and possibly a mismatch with remote too. At least you tried.

I don't know how different the P is from the A which I have, but what are all the status lights telling you, Gimbal light, drone rear status lights and the RC left hand light?
What firmware is installed on everything, drone, RC and App, battery? Having mucked about with it, are they c compatible?
However, the fact that only three motors run is very odd.

I've just connected all up again and the front lights are red and the back lights are flashing green, the gimbal light is also green,the light on the rc is green as well, the camera works ok,on off etc lowers and raises notification says, ready to fly GPS, everything appears to be normal except when I do a CSC the 3 motors start, does the 2 quick spins then stop, the front right motor does nothing.
on 1 of his emails to me said that he had no camera view, (disconnected) then he done a CSC with the same results, I wonder if he bu+++++d up something inside the p3p
just checked the info ...app 3.1.61.....version 1.5.3+ ....rc 1.9.2 .......... fly safe data 01.00.01.09
I think the rc is compatible with the p3p as it everything works as normal, I'm beginning to think there may be a problem inside the p3p and will have to be sorted out inside the p3p

I think I'll do as suggested and give it back to him and get him the join the forum and let you lot have a go at sorting it out

Last edited:
OK. Looks like you're up to date with the latest firmware for the RC but the drone is way out of date. Latest is 1.11.20.
I wonder if he just updated the RC? That would definitely screw things up.
Suggest he does a full update now that he's started, and bring everything up to date, the drone up to 1.11.20 - HERE
Can't make it any worse.

What a bad situation to be in. That is my greatest fear when I sell something. It decides to break down after selling. I have a p3 standard that I want to sell but I'm hesitant to do so. His ignorance /lack of knowledge makes it to look like you sold him something defective. I hope everything works out for the best. Possibly the prop on that motor hit something and got stuck damaging the motor? Good luck.

Don't let this episode put you off selling! Demonstrate that the system works as intended and just warn the buyer that anything they do to it subsequently is entirely at their own risk.
Buying second hand always comes with risk!

Cheddarman your a bloody angel :):) I updated the ac latest firmware and I just couldn't beleive it all motors started perfect, so on with the props even though it's blowing a gale, well almost, a bit of shelter in the garden and WOW everything is working perfectly.
so thank you very much for your help without it the guy would have had no chance of getting it to fly again.
thanks again Ray

I am delighted that this 82 year old man, who only inherited my son's drone last year, could be of help and was actually RIGHT (for once?)

Let this be a lesson to everybody thinking of mucking about with the firmware, IF IT WORKS, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

I am delighted that this 82 year old man, who only inherited my son's drone last year, could be of help and was actually RIGHT (for once?)

Let this be a lesson to everybody thinking of mucking about with the firmware, IF IT WORKS, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
well your only 2 years older than me so hope for me yet !!!!, and yes the reason the firmware was out of date is because when I first got it 5-6 years ago it was working perfect so I never updated it, if it aint broke don't mend it is my motto
thanks Ray

Reactions: quadrotor
Not a good situation to find oneself in for sure. But typically, drones (like automobiles) are sold "as is". How do you know he didn't mess it up? I know you want to help, as would I, but I'm inclined to agree with others in returning it to him and have him sort it out.

Not a good situation to find oneself in for sure. But typically, drones (like automobiles) are sold "as is". How do you know he didn't mess it up? I know you want to help, as would I, but I'm inclined to agree with others in returning it to him and have him sort it out.
He admitted that he messed it up by updating part of the firmware.
Any way, it is sorted and everybody is happy!

Reactions: Capt KO
What a bad situation to be in. That is my greatest fear when I sell something. It decides to break down after selling. I have a p3 standard that I want to sell but I'm hesitant to do so. His ignorance /lack of knowledge makes it to look like you sold him something defective. I hope everything works out for the best. Possibly the prop on that motor hit something and got stuck damaging the motor? Good luck.
Sold 20 drones in 2020 with only 1 failure from the buyer not waiting for home point. He got it repaired locally but did not blame me. All were test flown by the buyer at sale. Big selling point was a 30 day all batteries guarantee. Almost done, only 2 personal drones for sale. Done flipping...for now.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31