sold my p3p but

Good for you Cap'n! Hope you tell them all "they work, you've seen them work, don't mess with the firmware"!

Reactions: Capt KO
Good for you Cap'n! Hope you tell them all "they work, you've seen them work, don't mess with the firmware"!
Luckily it usually pops up on the screen during testing so they get the full explanation and warning.

Sold 20 drones in 2020 with only 1 failure from the buyer not waiting for home point. He got it repaired locally but did not blame me. All were test flown by the buyer at sale. Big selling point was a 30 day all batteries guarantee. Almost done, only 2 personal drones for sale. Done flipping...for now.
WOW! 20 drones. What initiative and skill. It's easy for you. It would just be chaos for me. I sold a controller once. I still think about it, hoping all is well with it. I'm not the salesman type.

I haven’t touched any firmware on my P3P since I got it in 2016, runs perfectly…….Good luck✌️

I haven’t touched any firmware on my P3P since I got it in 2016, runs perfectly…….Good luck✌️
I always kept my P3S up to date for fear of voiding the warranty if I didn't. Runs fine and nothing to update to these days. My P3P has been asking me to update and I've left it alone. No issues.

Reactions: Capt KO
I sold my p3p but after a couple of weeks he's brought it back for repair, he said he downloaded the latest firmware now 3 motors start for 3-4 seconds then stop 1 motor doesn't start at all,
all 4 motors feel the same when I move them by hand

any answers?
Caveat Emptor - let the Buyer Beware .... his problem, as long as you sold the item in good faith. It was (presumably) in good working order before he downloaded the updated software. Sad but really not your problem - do not become involved.

Caveat Emptor - let the Buyer Beware .... his problem, as long as you sold the item in good faith. It was (presumably) in good working order before he downloaded the updated software. Sad but really not your problem - do not become involved.
Not his problem, no, as I said way back but he did become involved, involved us on the forum and we sorted it for him.
Happy ending.

Not his problem, no, as I said way back but he did become involved, involved us on the forum and we sorted it for him.
Happy ending.
one thing I did notice when testing it out after sorting the problem by installing the latest firmware update, with no props on, started up, all motors spinning, tried to use CSC to stop the motors and it didn't work so had to just do my usual, left stick back, that worked as normal,
question is have they now removed the CSC to cut the motors to stop, I've always thought it was a dogey thing to do as many have found out when using it to stop motors resulting in a tipover.
BTW my wife likes your Worsel Gummage hat?

question is have they now removed the CSC to cut the motors to stop,
With FW 1.10 in late 2016, they increased the time it takes for CSC to stop motors from near instantly to about 3 seconds.

app 3.1.61.....version 1.5.3+ ....rc 1.9.2 ..........
I think the rc is compatible with the p3p as it everything works as normal, I'm beginning to think there may be a problem inside the p3p and will have to be sorted out inside the p3p
> AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

Still, I do find it worrisome that only three motors were spinning prior to the AC being updating to 1.11.20. I’d for sure be very cautious until it has a bit more demonstrated reliability.

Also, make sure that the buyer understands the important changes related to AC FW 1.11.20. It was released in July 2017 and introduced forced flight restrictions similar to beginner mode if you haven't "registered" your app with DJI. Click here for more info.

If he doesn’t know to expect those changes, he’ll be calling you again soon.

Note that I copied much of the above from my tips post. Even if the buyer doesn’t join us on the forum, that tips post would be a good one to share with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: KachemakDiver
Good point as usual Oso.

> AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

Still, I do find it worrisome that only three motors were spinning prior to the AC being updating to 1.11.20. I’d for sure be very cautious until it has a bit more demonstrated reliability.

Also, make sure that the buyer understands the important changes related to AC FW 1.11.20. It was released in July 2017 and introduced forced flight restrictions similar to beginner mode if you haven't "registered" your app with DJI. Click here for more info.

If he doesn’t know to expect those changes, he’ll be calling you again soon.

Note that I copied much of the above from my tips post. Even if the buyer doesn’t join us on the forum, that tips post would be a good one to share with him.
Yes that would be why the motors didn't stop immediately
As for regestered, as the p3p is officially still regestered to me I'm not sure if that would apply.

This is interesting to me.
Who is "he'. Some guy off the street, answered an ad?
Are you a repair shop??
I would not have taken it back.
As soon as "he" said he screwed around with any thing, that's it. No cash back, no returns.

As for regestered, as the p3p is officially still regestered to me I'm not sure if that would apply.
The drone registration (with CAA or FAA for example) has zero to do with the forced flight restrictions which DJI implemented in 2017 with FW 1.11.20.

If you decide to not share the restrictions info with him, I suggest that you become familiar with them yourself so that you can better guide him when he can't fly beyond a height of 30M or a distance of 50M. :)

Last edited:
The drone registration (with CAA or FAA for example) has zero to do with the forced flight restrictions which DJI implemented in 2017 with FW 1.11.20.

If you decide to not share the restrictions info with him, I suggest that you become familiar with them yourself so that you can better guide him when he can't fly beyond a height of 30M or a distance of 50M.
he's just sent email saying he's had a good flight, good distance 300mt+ so no problem with the update,
to Capt Guts (buggered)
This is interesting to me.
Who is "he'. Some guy off the street, answered an ad?
Are you a repair shop??
I would not have taken it back.
As soon as "he" said he screwed around with any thing, that's it. No cash back, no returns.
just a guy that answered my Add, turns out he's a "Sovereign Man" similar to David Ike, remember him?
Im not a repair shop but before DJI came on the sceen I used to build quads and tricopters so I understand a little about it but oviously not all?

Attachments

• 20150806_143807.jpg
    20150806_143807.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: Oso
I sold my p3p but after a couple of weeks he's brought it back for repair, he said he downloaded the latest firmware now 3 motors start for 3-4 seconds then stop 1 motor doesn't start at all,
all 4 motors feel the same when I move them by hand

any answers?
You are not responsible for his mistakes if it was working when you sold it then that is the end of the matter, it is his responsibility

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31