Solar Activity and WiFi Link/controller link

Reaction score
In a previous post I saw sometime back a gentleman said since he started flying P3's it's been no problem.

However, I've recently had problems, with both of my P3P's with the WiFi link. I never did figure out why both of my aircraft were having the same indentical problem, and this was in the same remote location, out in the desert so there was no obvious sources of interference. The only way I could fly and have a reasonably consistent video feed was to put the WiFi in "custom" mode and select a channel, and that was purely guesswork, because none of the channels displayed the color code for "good" link, "bad' link like it usually does.

But then all of a sudden I went out to the desert to fly one day, and the problem was gone ! Just like that , the problem was gone and I had made no changes whatsoever with either aircraft.

So that got me to thinking, and this is the ONLY thing that I can think of, and that's sunspot/solar activity could be the cause. But I don't know enough about it to be sure. Are there certain frequencies or whatever that are more likely to be experience problems than others, and are they in the frequency used by the Phantom 3 Pro's (actually all Phantoms I guess) ?

This problem was occurring around the 18 - 24 th of November I think, but so far I can't find recent solar activity history on the internet to compare it to the days I had the issues.

Would appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Thanks

Solar activity can influence any radio signal, especially GPS. But I watch the solar monitors every day and for the last 2 weeks or more there has been no significant events.
Solar and Heliospheric Observatory Homepage
I watch the sunspots and wind on this monitor.

Solar activity can influence any radio signal, especially GPS. But I watch the solar monitors every day and for the last 2 weeks or more there has been no significant events.
Solar and Heliospheric Observatory Homepage
I watch the sunspots and wind on this monitor.

It can affect GPS signals because it changes their propagation paths through the ionosphere, increasing the error in the range calculation. It has no equivalent effect on ground-based, short-range GHz radio communications.

Reactions: Motlock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl