Software Specific to Construction Industry

Reaction score
What software solutions are available (Phantom/Inspire range) to utilize in the construction industry?

DroneDeploy, PrecisionFlight, Dronemapper, Pix4D, Altizure, Drofika, Botlink capture, Maps made easy, and some others...

And then there's the MAIN ONE for everyone!
OpenDroneMap that it's free and open source, it's quite difficult to install and make it work but soon will be a very good option.

I've used Litchi, DroneDeply, and MapsMadeEasy with great success. I work in the Construction Industry and do this almost daily now.

I've used Litchi, DroneDeply, and MapsMadeEasy with great success. I work in the Construction Industry and do this almost daily now.
I shoot mostly creative but have a project to shoot for a 3D model for a 32 story building. Note I am only providing the pics and am not creating the actual 3D model. I guess the confusing part to me is the building doesn't exist so, am I shooting looking inward or outward? Such a noob, I know.. Also the client suggested using panorama in Litchi to get the pics but from what I can tell that only works by shooting one floor at a time i.e. set waypoints - shoot floor, fly up 10.x feet - set waypoints again - shoot next floor and so on. Any help would be much appreciated.

No building yet?
Does the contractor want periodic updated photos?

There is currently a 5 story building. Possibly progress photos but for now they’re building a 3D model. I’m not sure what software will be used, I’m simply supplying the photos.

We always recommend Drone Deploy or Pix4D for our clients.
Drone Deploy is more user-friendly, while Pix4D gives you more customization and freedom, though this platform is better for those with more mapping experience.

DJI's free GroundStation Pro app is also a great app for flight planning and collecting your mapping data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.