So what do you guys think about the Phantom 3? Return it or keep it?

D

DrewFlies

I been seeing a handful of people that are doing perfectly fine with their Phantom 3s (still too early to confirm)
and I seen another handful of people who have already crashed and lost their Phantom 3.

I currently have one pre-ordered and still waiting for it.

Whats your input keep or cancel order?

Lol

Reactions: jlo
Estimate the number flying that are quite happy .. (only some bother to post).
Count the very small number posting with serious problems.
Subtract the number that aren't caused by operator issues.
Factor in the incredible results being reported by just about every one that flies one.
Then make your assessment.

I'm surprised at how low the number reporting issues is and suspect that DJI are getting better at this.
Still room for improvement but it seems they learned a thing or two from the Inspire release.

Reactions: kirk2579
I been seeing a handful of people that are doing perfectly fine with their Phantom 3s (still too early to confirm)
and I seen another handful of people who have already crashed and lost their Phantom 3.

Welcome to the forum DrewFlies.
Have the shipping address changed to my place, I'll send you a grand and you won't have to worry.

Have fun, this is a great place to hang out and learn.

Reactions: Cyclone
I can see your dilemma but only you will be able to answer this question. In my opinion if you are averse to taking risks no UAV out there is going to give you the confidence you seek. The P3 is a great machine but it could still crash as anything up there in the sky can't pull over to stop in an emergency / unexpected / unforeseen situation...

Keep it. Most of the people I hear on here crashing are due to their own fault or people just trolling forum members. Read the manual, practice safe drone flying procedures and have fun, you'll be fine. Especially if this is your first drone don't be scared to take it slow just like anything else. There's also plenty of tutorial videos on YouTube or posts on this very forum to get you up to speed on what you need to know about your new drone. Enjoy.

Ive also read that you have to break the batteries in gently? Use it until its about 60%, then back on charge.........:confused: I dont know how true that is, its the first time Ive read about doing that.

Thanks to the wind, I've only managed to fly my P3P twice. But it's as steady as a rock, and only slightly affected by heavy gusts of wind. Yesterday, flight 2, I thought there was a problem, when it completely refused to go forward after a few minutes. But I heard a voice from my iPad, something like flight limit reached. Turned out that out of the box the distance limit was set at 30 metres! Flight record later revealed that my max distance was 101 feet, which is very close to 30 metres. As I've seen suggested, I'm keeping flights short and not going beyond about 50% battery for the next few flights.

4K video is stunning. I have a 55 inch 4K TV and the video is just superb, and dead steady. But calibrate the gimbal with the craft on a dead level surface - mine was wonky on flight one, then I calibrated, and second flight much much steadier. Keep your order in, and enjoy a fine craft! I can't wait to get out there again.

Yesterday, flight 2, I thought there was a problem, when it completely refused to go forward after a few minutes. But I heard a voice from my iPad, something like flight limit reached. Turned out that out of the box the distance limit was set at 30 metres!
That's the Beginner Mode ... simple to switch it off but given the large number of new people buying the P3 it might be a good thing.

cancelled until the product is actually beta tested by early adopters.

Not trying to be a meanie, but if you need others to tell you if you should or shouldn't buy a quad, you shouldn't buy it.
Do your reading, research, and make a decision.

Reactions: kirk2579 and bbfpv
The only problem I have is with an Ipad in the sun it is useless. I am waiting to find a way to use goggles or I will sell it.

The only problem I have is with an Ipad in the sun it is useless. I am waiting to find a way to use goggles or I will sell it.
I believe if you get an apple hdmi adapter and conimizer glaases and vola

Same issue here, using a Mini 2 with a sun shade and brightness turned all the way up, still pretty difficult to see.

Keep it....unless you're one of those people that rushes into things and doesn't read manuals, and will crash it on first flight and come here and complain about how awful dji is.....then return it.

Keep it....unless you're one of those people that rushes into things and doesn't read manuals, and will crash it on first flight and come here and complain about how awful dji is.....then return it.
I like it but if I cannot see the I-pad in the daylight it is not worth much to me. My Phantom 1 with FPV is fine and it is like an antique to the P3P. My TBS Pro is great to fly but it has different if not more issues the the DJI product line. I understand it's not perfect but If I cannot see the app I need to find a way to fix that or it is no use to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic