So the Nexus 7 2012 won't work am I correct?

Reaction score
I have looked and searched and keep getting confused the Nexus 7 is listed as ok for the phantom 3
But you need to 2013 Am I correct or can you make a 2012 work?
Looking to get started for Christmas
Thanks n advance

I tried two unlisted Android devices - both new out of box .... Cavion 7 Tablet with 4.2 Android works but not 100%, Prestigio WIZE3 smartphone with 5.1 Android .... works but tends to drop video very easily.

I am now waiting for a Nexus 7 Vers 2 to arrive home.

I see people refer to the Nexus as 'before' 2013 and the 2013 label ... which I find confusing as Nexus talk about model 7 and model 7 vers. 2 ....

I assume 2013 is the vers. 2.

My opinion is try and get the Vers. 2 if you can ... there are plenty refurbs on ebay etc. as its not a current model I believe. They go for about $100 - $180 a pop ..

Nigel

I would try it, the Nexus 2012 is a bit slow processor wise, and only has 1 Gb of RAM, and there is a lot of video to process so it may get a bit blocky, but being 'pure' Android, you stand a good chance of it being OK, test without props on the table first, and see how it goes..

My understanding, from posts I've read on this site, is the Nexus 2012 is not compatible.

The Nexus 7 2012 does not have the ram needed for the GO app and being cpu intensive, the app will run the cpu really hard causing it to overheat and throttle down. And finally, if you upgraded your Nexus 7 2012 to Lollypop, the 2012 will perform like a brick. I opted for a $149 Lenovo Tab2 A-10 and will never look back.

Wifi channel indexing in the 1.7.90 FW upgrade? Maybe that's how DJI has addressed the range issue. I can't experiment with it because the wifi radio in my gimbal went south and I had to send it in for servicing before the waranty runs out.

I tried two unlisted Android devices - both new out of box .... Cavion 7 Tablet with 4.2 Android works but not 100%, Prestigio WIZE3 smartphone with 5.1 Android .... works but tends to drop video very easily.

I am now waiting for a Nexus 7 Vers 2 to arrive home.

I see people refer to the Nexus as 'before' 2013 and the 2013 label ... which I find confusing as Nexus talk about model 7 and model 7 vers. 2 ....

I assume 2013 is the vers. 2.

My opinion is try and get the Vers. 2 if you can ... there are plenty refurbs on ebay etc. as its not a current model I believe. They go for about $100 - $180 a pop ..

Nigel
Yes, Nexus 7 II, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 7 Version 2, etc. are all the same thing.

@Bugsbunnyheli Get the Nexus 7 2013. I got mine for $130 on Amazon last year. Maybe they'll drop the price again soon, you can also find them used for less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31