So some idiot shot my phantom3 advanced WITH 22.

I'm should be totally cleared of any wrong doing. They have copy of the actual flight and all data I was around 375ft altitude when I heard the shots from all the way at my house so throttled down since I was wide open heading down a desolate backwoods hwy. I dropped my bird down to right above 200ft mark and started to look around at the only houses that I was by for a good 100 meters. contiued hear shots so I circled around the area a few times to put my mind at ease because I couldn't wrap my mind around that someone was actually shooting at me. Just couldn't believe it. I haven't disturbed anyone in the 20 is so flights that I've flown. Then as I was about to head home, bam!! Lost all communication from the phantom. I thought at first that it was downed, sitting in the field that I was in from circling around. But to my surprise I all of a sudden heard the buzzing of the props. Lights were totally out. Even though the events that just happened filled me with instant anger, I just had to smile. My 2 sons were cheering like they were at a foot ball game.

I think the problem is sounds like you have done 20 flights in the same direction, if someone passed my house 20 times with a camera, I'd start. To feel a little nervous, that's human nature for sure.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is a guy about three fields down the road from me that has the exact same setup as me. I told the sherif. I think ol boy was just trying to make his stupidness justifiable. Feel me?

Yep. I was just kidding. But really - they need to throw the book at this guy that shot you!

Drones aren't even in season until mid-June!

I think the problem is sounds like you have done 20 flights in the same direction, if someone passed my house 20 times with a camera, I'd start. To feel a little nervous, that's human nature for sure.

You obviously didn't read everything in this topic sir. I have never flown by this area before. In fact I've never even flown in that direction. Before you comment on things you know nothing about and you assume that you do, read the other post and you would have known that I haven't done what you have said. You are probably just like him. Jump to conclusions before you know what is really going on. You can make it "sound" however you'd like. Enjoy.

You obviously didn't read everything in this topic sir. I have never flown by this area before. In fact I've never even flown in that direction. Before you comment on things you know nothing about and you assume that you do, read the other post and you would have known that I haven't done what you have said. You are probably just like him. Jump to conclusions before you know what is really going on. You can make it "sound" however you'd like. Enjoy.

Well know one really knows da "truf" do we ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As a fellow phantom pilot I'll take your word for it, for me there is nothing worse than having your own property damaged and I hope you get justice. By crikey it could happen to me, but what I will always make sure is that I'm not constantly flying over the same populated areas, it only causes problems.

Thanks god in Europe almost no one have guns at home ;)
Yeah well, be wary in Switzerland. We visited a friend and he took us up to his attic and showed me his rifle. All the Swiss who do their time in the military get to KEEP THEIR WEAPONS when they get out for the purpose of civil defense!

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
I can't wait till some moron shoots down a media "drone" they are the ones that caused all this hatred .
Shootings are seeming to be more frequent ever since that corrupt judge said it was ok .
Op I would turn this into the FAA

Besides just firing into the air and endangering public from stray bullets. What about the aftermath if the drone came to the ground? Think about the potential of injuring someone or even killing an infant in a stroller as the young happy mother is taking her new born for a stroll. The Guy was an idiot and needs to sit for a bit with bars in the window to get a reality check! Granted the drone is cheep when weighing it against human life, in short I think we over look or forget about the potential impact on life the drone can have just falling from the sky. No different than a tape measure falling from a 10 story building that is under construction and killing a guy below. I can replace a drone, but can the moron replace a life?

G

Reactions: SGs
I think DJI should start making quad with stealth paint technology.

Yuneec might have something there :)

Last edited:
Yep. THAT's what I was afraid of. He sent enough flying lead airborne to kill off an entire girl scout troop before he finally got a hit on the bird.

And probably at an angle so it's a bit more lethal than simply hitting terminal velocity and falling down.

I'd love to hear if there is any positive resolution to this issue, though, so if there is, OP, would you mind updating? With all the redneck in my family, I have a legitimate concern with this.

Reactions: JimCroce
Besides just firing into the air and endangering public from stray bullets. What about the aftermath if the drone came to the ground? Think about the potential of injuring someone or even killing an infant in a stroller as the young happy mother is taking her new born for a stroll. The Guy was an idiot and needs to sit for a bit with bars in the window to get a reality check! Granted the drone is cheep when weighing it against human life, in short I think we over look or forget about the potential impact on life the drone can have just falling from the sky. No different than a tape measure falling from a 10 story building that is under construction and killing a guy below. I can replace a drone, but can the moron replace a life?

G
I agree with what you've written but I doubt it applies to this specific incident. Firing a gun into the air only endangers the public if there is a public around to be endangered. I don't know what you see when you envision the story the OP tells - but I thought he said that this occurred pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

What the shooter did was clearly stupid and illegal and he should be charged and forced to replace the drone - but I don't think that the facts of this particular incident prove that there was much (if any) risk of danger to the general public.

Sorry to hear about this. If I was you, I'd be thankin a higher up you ain't out in the bayou as gator poop. If he could hit your P3 from >200' (100yd guessin) with a squirrel gun, he certainly could have punched your ticket much the same.

As for your rights, well, it gets kinda grity and you will need to prove EXACTLY where it ws flying. For that you need your data logs. Problem is, that could save or doom you depending where it was.

First thing that came to my mind is that guys is a he'll of a shot...

Nor, should I add, do we have the means too (thank gawd IMO!) No disrespect to you guys over the pond BTW.
Bully for you. I'm glad I have the right to defend myself over here. I could continue but that's an argument for another forum.

Yeah well, be wary in Switzerland. We visited a friend and he took us up to his attic and showed me his rifle. All the Swiss who do their time in the military get to KEEP THEIR WEAPONS when they get out for the purpose of civil defense!
Why, we heathens in America are the only ones who need to defend ourselves. LOL...

Bully for you. I'm glad I have the right to defend myself over here. I could continue but that's an argument for another forum.

Yeah, that's true and it's not for this forum, but you too can have someone with a weapon blow your $1500 UAV out of the sky, so bully for you too. Not saying it wouldn't happen here, just a lot less likely.

Firing a gun into the air only endangers the public if there is a public around to be endangered

I think the point is that the shooter's not to know who's around, where they are, or where his unsuccessful shots are going to end up. Lots of people like to venture into the middle of nowhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT