So I returned the phantom advanced today

Part of me is very sad and part of me is relieved very expsive hobby for me. every time I fly it I was worried about crashing maybe to much l. Almost took the fun out of it. And the attention you would get with it I hated it couldn't fky no where with out some asking you the same questions over and over. I miss her already though mixed feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yep, I did and felt exactly the same a year ago. I bought a new p3a for £1100, it scared the crap out of me every flight in case I trashed it. It just wasn't an amount of money I could afford to lose. I sold it and took a £200 hit.

I came back a year later and bought a p3a new for £550. It's an amount of money that would hurt to lose but I'd be back in 6 months. Now I enjoy flying that prices have tumbled. I don't get a terrible anxious feeling any more.

Reactions: Jesse James
Bro same here sold my 2003 evo with a gt35r in worst mistake I ever made

Thanks poker. Have a question the quality of the Dji def is great but I almost wish it didn't use the phone I get a text message or a phone call and it almost causes you to crash. Are there any drones out there that are as good and don't use the phone ?

Most RC craft just use a bound Radio to control. So there is no need for a smart device. But you can fly the Phantom this way as well.
You just wouldn't have telemetry, nor camera control. Ha
Yes, going in Airpane mode turns off all the clutter... ;-)
I suggested RealFlight, but you can buy many small multi rotors for Less than $100. I feel bad that you felt the need to return your pride and joy. But perhaps mental health has its distinct benefits too. Ha

RedHotPoker

can get a autel x star has built in telemetry on rc

If you get a phone call or text, just let go of the sticks. The Phantom will hover in place. No need to freak out and crash the quad. As others have suggested, buy a cheap toy quad and get comfortable on that. It will do wonders for your confidence when you move back up to a Phantom, and you'll have a lot more fun. I learned to fly on a $50 toy. Although I was a little nervous the first time I took my $800 Phantom out, I had no fear zipping around a field at altitude and full throttle even on that first flight.

Part of me is very sad and part of me is relieved very expsive hobby for me. every time I fly it I was worried about crashing maybe to much l. Almost took the fun out of it. And the attention you would get with it I hated it couldn't fky no where with out some asking you the same questions over and over. I miss her already though mixed feelings.

You drive a bmw, I think you can afford this hobby[emoji848] I'm rolling a Kia and fly with no fear[emoji14]

Don't be scared, this is fun. If it crashes, at least you had some harmless fun. I fly to the limits of my remote all the time and lose signal while over 2+ miles away. Then it comes back to me. I once left the controller on my truck tailgate for 2 minutes while my drone was over 1 mile away. I went in the house to get my other viewer with my old phone in it for my daughter. Then I took another 1-2 minutes getting them to sync up with Miracast, before I continued flying. My drone was unattended for about 4 minutes. These are so easy to fly, just don't try to barnstorm near stuff and you won't hit anything. I stay up around 100' - 200' most of the time.

Why would you crash because your phone rings? I'm with the others airplane mode fly all you like.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JonEQuest

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik