Small device (phone) vs. large (tablet) - your experience?

Reaction score
First of all, let me say how valuable I've found this community. Thanks to all of you for your collective wisdom and advice (and occasional snark...) - this forum is quite informative and it's gotten me through my 1st 15 or so flights with my new P3A intact.

I've found that clearly seeing the Pilot app on my iPad Air very difficult in virtually any normal daylight circumstance - even with a hood and brightness maxed. The camera view especially so. And with sun glasses, forget it. This morning I tried with my phone (iPhone 6) and found it a much better experience. I suppose it may be that a smaller device presents less of a distracting 'mirror' surface than the tablet. What is your experience? Any tried & true approach for a tablet?

I have and use both the iPad Air 2 and the Iphone 6+. Simple rule for me, if I am practicing or flying LOS I use the iPhone the most, if I plan on flying FPV or night flying then it is 100% the Air. Do you have the Air or the Air 2, which has anti-glare screen, I have no problem seeing the screen on the Air 2, especially with the hood or standing under a tree.

Nexus 6 phone all the way. But groundstation and simulator arent supported on android :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic