HDMI Output Module vs. NVIDIA Shield HDMI Output

Reaction score
Still getting used to flying with the FatSharks. They work great with my NVIDIA Shield, however, some of the telemetry is just a bit tiny and just abit more magnification would be nice.

No big deal, but I'm tempted to install the DJI module though I wonder if it's going to look any different than my mirrored screen.

Anybody have experience using both both devices for HDMI? That is, have you tried both the mirrored screen from your tablet or phone and then compared that to the image from the DJI module? Is there any significant difference between the two?

Last edited:
I have the shield (love it!) and have installed the HDMI module on the controller last year and then again to see if it had been improved for my DJI goggles. Uninstalled both times. I did not like having to unplug and re-plug the cable to get it to initialize each time. Too many times of doing this would prematurely wear out the port. I tried everything possible to figure out why this was needed. Also the module did get hot to the touch. The shield HDMI output is good enough for me. Good thing I bought two of them as the tablet is not in manufactured circulation any more. The person who decided this is a good thing needs to be flogged with wet banana peels.

I have like Grammatonx a HDMI and nvidia k1. The HDMI output from the RC has pretty much the same telemetry as go plus you have azimuth (compass degrees to where your craft is from you and a pointer in the center screen of your goggles that show you how your craft is pointing in reference to home point, both these pluses are handy. I got the nvidia because of the go mirror in your goggles. I wanted to be able to see any notices from go plus camera settings and histogram which you do not have from the HDMI module. Knowing any warnings from GO is in my opinion a big plus from nvidia. Also having 2 outs makes it possible to take 2 friends for a ride. (I have 2 headplays) The image from the RC hdmi module has a bit more real estate because you have no menus and the nvidia slighty reduce the image size in the headplays (there may be adjustments for this)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hounddog
I think you'll be glad you did as The $100 module is not worth that much $$. The screen mirror of the tablet is much better in my view. I also use the mirror to send the live feed to my 24" monitor. Now that's a view...

Reactions: Tomko
Is there any significant difference between the two?
When the goggles are connected to a mobile device, you'll see whatever is displayed on the mobile device screen. When connected to the HDMI Output Module, you'll see a view like this:

FPVGogglesView.jpg

If you're flying by yourself, I doubt you'll find you've gained anything by using the HDMI Output Module instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: LarBear360
Can anyone post a link of this NVIDIA module and where to get it? I never knew it existed! I have some old goggles with individual screens for each eye and I also have a HDMI to RCA converter to connect to the goggles. What do you think I need?

Can anyone post a link of this NVIDIA module and where to get it? I never knew it existed! I have some old goggles with individual screens for each eye and I also have a HDMI to RCA converter to connect to the goggles. What do you think I need?
The NVIDIA Shield is a tablet and not a module. Unfortunately, they are no longer in production though can still be acquired once in a while on e-bay and even through the classifieds on this forum.

Reactions: Fishie
Last edited:
Reactions: Fishie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers