Small crash, but huge damage!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys.

So, unfortunely after some time of having my P3 Pro I was doing some videos about 2 meters from the ground almost standing still and stupidly touched a tree branch with one prop and the drone just plummet into the ground.
Many parts just jumped off, but after dismantling the worst detected was the receiver board and flex cable to the camera. Major scratches, but I don't mind as long as it's in the air again.
Unfortunely I have replaced the receiver board and the flex, but no luck on connecting with the remote and also the camera is showing abnormal behavior as it remains tilted to one side when it's on. I have tried manualy connecting the remote, but no luck.
I also found out that one component on the ECS board is on a strange position compared to one example of the same board I found online. Could anyone tell me if this could have influence on this problem and what is this component???

Attachments

• received_2152428118355143.jpeg
    received_2152428118355143.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 415
  • received_314719172591424.jpeg
    received_314719172591424.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 401
Could anyone tell me if this could have influence on this problem and what is this component???
It is possible that the pads have lifted, either component side or worse on the trace side. If I am not mistaken, that part is a 4.7 ohm resistor. What it's purpose is I can't say.

Hi guys.

So, unfortunely after some time of having my P3 Pro I was doing some videos about 2 meters from the ground almost standing still and stupidly touched a tree branch with one prop and the drone just plummet into the ground.
Many parts just jumped off, but after dismantling the worst detected was the receiver board and flex cable to the camera. Major scratches, but I don't mind as long as it's in the air again.
Unfortunely I have replaced the receiver board and the flex, but no luck on connecting with the remote and also the camera is showing abnormal behavior as it remains tilted to one side when it's on. I have tried manualy connecting the remote, but no luck.
I also found out that one component on the ECS board is on a strange position compared to one example of the same board I found online. Could anyone tell me if this could have influence on this problem and what is this component???
That dislodged component looks like a 4.7uH inductor to me. DJI drones have often seen components fall off with a jolt, so if I were you I'd look to see if I could fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: With The Birds
Most likely a 4.7uH inductor as Oso said. Should be an easy solder job for anyone with an iron. It is unlikely that the part is damaged since it is just a coil of wire.

It is possible that the pads have lifted, either component side or worse on the trace side. If I am not mistaken, that part is a 4.7 ohm resistor. What it's purpose is I can't say.
4R7 in this case = 4.7 uH. It is an SMD inductor and will almost certainly form part of a filter circuit.

Thank you very much guys. I will talk with a guy that has proper soldering equipment. Maybe it will solve the problem.

LOL, those things are junk
Not really. They have their particular specialty, but SMD or even axial parts are not one of them....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic