SkyTubeLive live streaming Android app, looking for beta testers

Reaction score
Hi all,

SkyTubeLive is an android app allowing anyone to easily live stream your drone video to our site, where our convenient map-based interface lets anyone conveniently find and watch videos. It's a social streaming app and site by and for drone pilots. We currently support P3A, P3P, P4, Inspire, with the Mavic still in development. Right now it's Android only, but iOS will be coming soon. For more information, including "what's in it for me?" you can check out our site, including at SkyTubeLive Blog - SkyTubeLive!.

From our map page (SkyTubeLive) you can see several recorded flights, including a brief one from yesterday (SkyTubeLive Flight). The video is 22 minutes but most of it is trying to figure out why the drone wouldn't take off, before we finally had liftoff at ~16:30 in, for a brief flight since it was starting to rain and was all around lousy weather.

You can contact us via our site at [email protected] for more information, including on how to be a beta tester. We are right now offering SkyTubeLive stickers to anyone signing up to be a tester, and (while supplies last) SkyTubeLive baseball caps to anyone who livestreams 3 videos to the site. Please contact us for more information, questions, comments, etc.

Thanks!
Brian

Why not P3S? Also, I use 3DR Solo and DIY-built Pixhawk drones for most of my videography. No option for streaming from 3rd party rigs?

Why not P3S? Also, I use 3DR Solo and DIY-built Pixhawk drones for most of my videography. No option for streaming from 3rd party rigs?
Hi, Great question! The reason is that we depend on the USB connection between the controller and mobile device in order to get the video in, while still having the ability to stream out via the network to our site. On older P3 versions, and the Solo, the bluetooth/wireless connection precludes that. On an android device you generally can't use the antenna for both receiving and broadcasting, unless you root the device. We would love to support any and all platforms, but for now we're limited to DJI platforms that have the USB cable connection. If you're familiar with any other platforms you think we should look at, please let me know!

Would you be willing to send the cap to London, England. Be nice knowing the app is being used world wide *cheeky little persuasion* [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Would you be willing to send the cap to London, England. Be nice knowing the app is being used world wide *cheeky little persuasion* [emoji6]

Neon Euc
Absolutely!

Reactions: Neon Euc
sure ill sign up.
See how well it does vs youtube, even with my Galaxy S7edge, and a 4g connection with 15-50mbps down connection it seems to lag a lot, so I'd love to see how this does.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Interesting to see how much data this is going to take for a 20 minute flight. People may need a bigger data plan.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app
It really depends on what plan you have. There are lots of unlimited data plans out there now where it's not an issue. If you have a 1-2GB plan, you'll be in trouble of hitting your overage quickly, definitely. If you're up at 15GB or so, you can stream quite a bit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20