Sky Fall

Reaction score
Well, I have always dreaded my Phantom falling from the sky and yesterday morning it happened. I took up the P3 Pro the evening before but without my iPhone, just the radio and bird, and it flew just fine. Then when I took it up with the iPhone it told me it needed the latest firmware update but then it went to the camera screen and I was able to auto take off without any issues. Battery was at 58% and transmitter was about 75%. After 1 minute and at about 80 ft all motors stopped and Newtons Law came into effect and she came crashing down. The bird is on it's way to DJI California at the moment and I will hear from them as to if Warranty will cover it or if I sell my more blood to buy a new one, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and/or if there's a thread on this already. Now excuse me while I go cry over a stiff drink of self pity.

Well, I have always dreaded my Phantom falling from the sky and yesterday morning it happened. I took up the P3 Pro the evening before but without my iPhone, just the radio and bird, and it flew just fine. Then when I took it up with the iPhone it told me it needed the latest firmware update but then it went to the camera screen and I was able to auto take off without any issues. Battery was at 58% and transmitter was about 75%. After 1 minute and at about 80 ft all motors stopped and Newtons Law came into effect and she came crashing down. The bird is on it's way to DJI California at the moment and I will hear from them as to if Warranty will cover it or if I sell my more blood to buy a new one, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and/or if there's a thread on this already. Now excuse me while I go cry over a stiff drink of self pity.
Upload the logs!

You had a question....think maybe one other, but we think it was just a spammer..

I would of never took off at 58%. Hope it works out for you!
Why not? Sometimes I take off with less than 30% just to train ATTI (at veeery low height I have to say) and let the battery discharge...
If there's spare charge... there's spare fun!

Yeah if taking off at 50% battery is "risky" than dji needs to sell these things for 100 bucks and call it Russian Roulette in terms of hobbies. Pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's in the hands of DJI now. As far as not tacking off at 58% that sounds a little odd to me, may I ask why not? I can understand noticing off for a flight with low battery power, that makes perfect sense but if DJI comes back to me and says "You should have never taken off with 58% battery" well I will drive down there and kick someone in the nuts!

As for the log files; the bird is not in my possession at the moment, unless there is a way to get the logs from my iPhone?

On a side note; when I was talking to DJI regarding my RMA the person I talked to said that if they felt the repairs were not under warranty that they would only charge me 50% of the cost to either repair it or fix it, I thought this was a nice suggestion, but it sounds too good to be true, has anyone heard of this?.

It's in the hands of DJI now. As far as not tacking off at 58% that sounds a little odd to me, may I ask why not? I can understand noticing off for a flight with low battery power, that makes perfect sense but if DJI comes back to me and says "You should have never taken off with 58% battery" well I will drive down there and kick someone in the nuts!

As for the log files; the bird is not in my possession at the moment, unless there is a way to get the logs from my iPhone?

On a side note; when I was talking to DJI regarding my RMA the person I talked to said that if they felt the repairs were not under warranty that they would only charge me 50% of the cost to either repair it or fix it, I thought this was a nice suggestion, but it sounds too good to be true, has anyone heard of this?.
That might just mean they'll sell you a new drone without the remote. The controller is half the cost of the whole setup. I'd be curious to hear if that's the case though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20