Since When does Updating Take so Drastic Measures?

Reaction score
Went to fly my P3P last night and started everything the way I normally do. I see the camera view for a very short time and my iPad screen goes black, except for HP location.
So I disconnected the USB cable and reconnect. Same results, so I shut everything down and restart. This time I see the menu on the left side of the tablet with a red warning sign. There also was a line item that said “gimbal unattached”. This is the screenshot of the warning page:
IMG_0539.jpg

I restarted everything again and did not get the gimbal unattached message but the warning page looked like this:
IMG_0540.jpg

However, I canceled the screen and I had camera view so I took off being very careful. As long as I was close to HP there were no issues but when I went out over 800 feet my screen went nuts. It would go black and bottom half would go green.
As you can tell I am on older versions of FW.
I am not sure why this happened all of a sudden. Looking for help please. If updating corrects everything I will bite the bullet and do it, albeit I am reluctant to do so.

I am not sure why this happened all of a sudden. Looking for help please. If updating corrects everything I will bite the bullet and do it, albeit I am reluctant to do so.
I wouldn't make any drastic changes just yet. This could be caused by several different factors. First, has the app been updated since your last good flight? If so, it could be the fact that every update seems to use more and more available device ram, although the distance issue should not be a factor in that regard. Did you partially lose downlink perhaps? Or, have obstacles in LOS?

Reactions: JoBe
I wouldn't make any drastic changes just yet. This could be caused by several different factors. First, has the app been updated since your last good flight? If so, it could be the fact that every update seems to use more and more available device ram, although the distance issue should not be a factor in that regard. Did you partially lose downlink perhaps? Or, have obstacles in LOS?

I have not updated the DJI Go app. I had LOS at all times. I did not lose downlink even though I feared that might happen.
The only warnings I have received before were due to WiFi interference at 1300 feet out.
I also have a Mavic Pro and flew it the night before last and did not have any issues with the tablet.

As long as I was close to HP there were no issues but when I went out over 800 feet my screen went nuts. It would go black and bottom half would go green.

Ok, when you say black and green, is this a "flicker" or does the screen "lock up" this way then recover?

Reactions: Great Pumpkin
Ok, when you say black and green, is this a "flicker" or does the screen "lock up" this way then recover?

When the screen went black there was no flicker. When various portions of the screen turned green it would flicker as you suggest. During the flight the screen went black once but the green screen happened at least 3 times.

Hmmm....You might try a different USB cable. Which model ipad are you using?

Hmmm....You might try a different USB cable. Which model ipad are you using?

Update. So last night I duplicated every move I made earlier this week including the same cable and I had absolutely no problems. None.
Go figure!

So last night I duplicated every move I made earlier this week including the same cable and I had absolutely no problems.
Key word there...night.....a bit cooler.....

Reactions: JamesVG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72