Since I'm having ZERO problems with my Phantom, should I upgrade the firmware?

Big knock on wood after asking that question, but I'm having no distance issues, tilted horizons, screen lagging or the green and purple lines. Its been flying beautifully. Makes me hesitant to upgrade the firmware. Opinions appreciated.

J
I didn't upgrade mine. Everything is fine.

NO
unless you want to stream to facebook.
last week i accidentally updated dji go (turned on auto updates) and had to update a p3pro to the latest firmware... i hadnt updated since november 2015 and my p3 was awesome... now i get a lot of signal lost errors.

I have a trouble free drone, and like to update my craft right off.
Never had any issues or malfunctioning parameters. Everything works great, and I would advise anyone with a trouble free drone to stay updated. Sadly @dji got into the poor habit of not quite divulging the complete contents of their new firmware, or of the several recent Go app revisions, for that matter.
In some respects, it can be a daring proposition, to update early & be a Guinea pig, to see what actually was improved, added, removed, or what ever.
Be brave they said. . . Ha
It's only two mountains, she smiled... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I stopped updating a long time ago. And all works perfectly.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I haven't updated yet.
I am still on 2.7.1

Big knock on wood after asking that question, but I'm having no distance issues, tilted horizons, screen lagging or the green and purple lines. Its been flying beautifully. Makes me hesitant to upgrade the firmware. Opinions appreciated.

J

I'm a firm believer in "if it isn't broke, don't change anything." Of course this is because I am a risk adverse engineer. On the other hand, engineers love to change things but do it smartly and carefully. Smart and careful means review each release of a new version. See if it has something you need. Watch for early adopter reports to see if there are issues.

Honestly, I have done every update a few days after they came out and have yet to have any problems. I guess I am one of the few that has not had any major problems with my P4. I did have that slight yo yo effect but the update solved that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl