Signal Lost about 1500ft away

Reaction score
Yesterday i got the courage to send the bird off further than I ever have so far. Sent it down the housing development, about 120meters high and about 1500 ft away. I then lost signal......the controller bars went down to 2, and red, and same with the other bars....which all went down to 1 or 2. the bird never initiated Return To Home....and when i pressed the button, it promptly came back without issues.

what do you think may be causing this issue?

Disclosure: i'm using a Android Note 4 phone. App is version 1.0.10
I've downloaded the latest firmware update but haven't updated neither the bird or the controller yet. (could this be the issue? the app shows the firmware as OK and having the "latest firmware"...which i don't think is correct as i've downloaded what i believe to be a later version two days ago)

1) Install the latest Pilot app. 1.0.10 is the one from the Play Store. 1.1.0 is the one on the DJI website.
2) Flying in a populated area with trees, buildings, routers, phones, etc will never yield fantastic results. Go fly in a park and report back.
3) Make sure you have your antenna oriented properly.

Reactions: kevv
1) Install the latest Pilot app. 1.0.10 is the one from the Play Store. 1.1.0 is the one on the DJI website.
2) Flying in a populated area with trees, buildings, routers, phones, etc will never yield fantastic results. Go fly in a park and report back.
3) Make sure you have your antenna oriented properly.

Thank you bbfpv,
you're always here answering questions to noobs like myself. Just wanted to let you know that it's much appreciated.

Reactions: bbfpv
hey i have a question i have an iPhone 6+ i noticed in two occasions that as i was recording the video stopped and the application stopped working. The first time the phantom started drifting away then i raptly put it in ATTI mode and manually got it back to me. after landing it i restarted the application and everything started to work ok. the second time i got a message about calibration and the app crashed the phantom throttled up about 16feet in the air i again put it in ATTI mode and brought it down. can some one please tell me if I'm doing something wrong? for some reason every time it happens i can't find the records on the pilot app. the application shows everything until the malfunction. i am on version 1.1.1

hey i have a question i have an iPhone 6+ i noticed in two occasions that as i was recording the video stopped and the application stopped working. The first time the phantom started drifting away then i raptly put it in ATTI mode and manually got it back to me. after landing it i restarted the application and everything started to work ok. the second time i got a message about calibration and the app crashed the phantom throttled up about 16feet in the air i again put it in ATTI mode and brought it down. can some one please tell me if I'm doing something wrong? for some reason every time it happens i can't find the records on the pilot app. the application shows everything until the malfunction. i am on version 1.1.1
Start a new thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31