Should we really be calling ourselves "pilots" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a crap ?

Seems like OP (who is taking it so seriously) is the only one who does..

BTW I'm a pilot... have a pilots license... so take that all you "Phantom Operators" :p

bald1eagle said:
I call myself a drone pilot because the chicks dig it.
:lol:

Re: Should we really be calling ourselves "pilots" ??

bald1eagle said:
I call myself a drone pilot because the chicks dig it.
As good a reason as any [emoji106]

Btw so we don't upset Mitch anymore I suggest we don't say "fly".... eg no more "going to the park to fly the quad"

It should be "going to the park to operate the Phantom"

"Just came back from a fun day of operating the phantom"

Etc etc

justin00 said:
Btw so we don't upset Mitch anymore I suggest we don't say "fly".... eg no more "going to the park to fly the quad"

It should be "going to the park to operate the Phantom"

"Just came back from a fun day of operating the phantom"

Etc etc

NOW what do we call Dr. J? Just J?

if your operating the phantom you are piloting a phantom or other quad. Therefor you can correctly say you are a phantom pilot. and really no sense in getting offended by the term pilot if air plane pilots are not offended by it. If any real pilots want to be offended by it let them decided.

Its like when white liberals try to decide new creative ways and come up with what new things to label as being offensive to some other group that is not offended by some thing and told they are supposed to be.

lol a few years ago peta was trying to protest and demanding that NY state change the offensive name of a creek named the beaver kill creek cause they thought it was offensive to beavers and was not nice to kill beavers.
They looked like fools. For one cause beavers dont get offended by what humans call stuff or what language different people around the word speak and the word KILL is dutch for creek and has nothing at all to do with killing any thing. and is just the namve the dutch gave the creek in the 1600s. it means beaver creek in English. and most the creeks in upstate ny are named various different kills. like the battenkill , the postonkill and fishkill just to name a few around here.

MadMitch88 said:
dptcalvin said:
I think the better question is...how many pilots are actually offended by R/C aircraft flyers calling themselves pilots?

That's actually a good question that I'd like to know the answer to.

Any real pilots in here?
Real pilot here. And no, I don't take offense. Maybe other pilots would quibble a little.

lol I was just thinking if we could not call our selves phantom pilots That would really mess stuff up if the board also had to go and change its name to phantomoperators.com and people might confuse it with the band of the same name.

MadMitch88 said:
CallMeAlan said:
As said, a pilot is someone who is in control of an aircraft. Well, my Phantom and F550 are certainly aircraft, so I'm a pilot, thank you.

Get some psychiatric help from a generic "healthcare provider" if your fragile ego needs to call yourself a "pilot" for operating a 2-pound plastic toy in the backyard.

Maybe you'll decide to see a nurse aid for your mental issue rather than a board-certified psychiatrist because after all --- they are all "healthcare providers", right?

:p

Descending to personal insults now are you? I think this clearly defines the sort of unfortunate person you are. You're totally missing the point about healthcare providers - just because somebody qualifies to be generically called a healthcare provider doesn't mean that they can provide every type of healthcare, any more than a pilot is able to pilot any type of aircraft.

I don't need any qualifications to to say that in my opinion the OP is just being a "snob" ;) If you don't know what one of those is, just Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.