Should I return P2NV v2 and order P3?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm newbie and I haven't flown before, I just have minor experiences with RC cars.
Since I have a Gopro 3 Black edition, I've already ordered a Phantom 2 v2 with H3-3D on Amazon for 719usd, just one day before DJI announced the Phantom 3.
Now I'm stuck in between either return the P2 to go for the P3 or just keep the P2. With 280usd gap between those two, I can buy an extra battery and an SD FPV solution for the P2, even some more accessories like prop guards...
Please give me some advise!
Thanks and nice day to you all!

Reactions: Advexure
Hi all,
I'm newbie and I haven't flown before, I just have minor experiences with RC cars.
Since I have a Gopro 3 Black edition, I've already ordered a Phantom 2 v2 with H3-3D on Amazon for 719usd, just one day before DJI announced the Phantom 3.
Now I'm stuck in between either return the P2 to go for the P3 or just keep the P2. With 280usd gap between those two, I can buy an extra battery and an SD FPV solution for the P2, even some more accessories like prop guards...
Please give me some advise!
Thanks and nice day to you all!

That's definitely a tough decision to make. All depends on what you're exactly looking to do with your Phantom. If you're looking for an easier platform to begin with then I would say the P3 will be the better route than adding FPV and all that good stuff just to enable to your P2 to close to what the P3 can do out of the box, needless to say, seamlessly. Camera wise, the P3 cameras are a much better option as the GoPro really is not the ideal camera for aerial platforms. If I were you and if you have a good return policy on the P2 you already bought I'd return that and "futureproof" yourself a bit with the P3. Hope this helps. If you have any questions about any of this or the differences between your P2 and a P3 let me know.

Best,
Mike

If I were you and if you have a good return policy on the P2 you already bought I'd return that and "futureproof" yourself a bit with the P3.
+1

That's definitely a tough decision to make. All depends on what you're exactly looking to do with your Phantom. If you're looking for an easier platform to begin with then I would say the P3 will be the better route than adding FPV and all that good stuff just to enable to your P2 to close to what the P3 can do out of the box, needless to say, seamlessly. Camera wise, the P3 cameras are a much better option as the GoPro really is not the ideal camera for aerial platforms. If I were you and if you have a good return policy on the P2 you already bought I'd return that and "futureproof" yourself a bit with the P3. Hope this helps. If you have any questions about any of this or the differences between your P2 and a P3 let me know.

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike,
thanks for your fast reply!
I forgot to mention that I'm talking about the P3 Advanced (999usd, maybe you figured this out already when I said 280usd gap)
I'm a video/filmmaker so I'm looking for a good camera system. I have no idea with P3A camera, but for the specs I think Gopro 3 have more advance features like 2.7K 30fps or the Protune mode. For me 1080p is good enough but I don't know which is better if compare those 2 cameras in 1080p60fps.
Plus for FPV of the P3 I haven't got any devices in the list on DJI's page, so I'm afraid I'll have to invest a lot of money on that too... will there be a alternative solution?
What I really love on the P3A is many advanced fly features and all-in-one RTF solution which is good for traveling.

There is no "gap" when you figure in the price of the GoPro.
Add in the accessories and your $100's over the P3P.

While I won't sell my P2, my next phantom will be a P3.
Kinda a no brainer.
Loaded with features at an affordable price.

JMO

There is no "gap" when you figure in the price of the GoPro.
Add in the accessories and your $100's over the P3P.

While I won't sell my P2, my next phantom will be a P3.
Kinda a no brainer.
Loaded with features at an affordable price.

JMO

Thanks and I think you're absolutely right.
The only thing worries me about now is a monitor device for the P3...

Thanks and I think you're absolutely right.
The only thing worries me about now is a monitor device for the P3...

Just get an iPad 2 mini in white, it absolutely looks like it was made for the job, matches the controller and doesn't look to big or unbalanced, well thats what i did,

Hi Mike,
thanks for your fast reply!
I forgot to mention that I'm talking about the P3 Advanced (999usd, maybe you figured this out already when I said 280usd gap)
I'm a video/filmmaker so I'm looking for a good camera system. I have no idea with P3A camera, but for the specs I think Gopro 3 have more advance features like 2.7K 30fps or the Protune mode. For me 1080p is good enough but I don't know which is better if compare those 2 cameras in 1080p60fps.
Plus for FPV of the P3 I haven't got any devices in the list on DJI's page, so I'm afraid I'll have to invest a lot of money on that too... will there be a alternative solution?
What I really love on the P3A is many advanced fly features and all-in-one RTF solution which is good for traveling.

Keep what you've ordered as the camera on the P3 cannot compare to the capabilities of the Go Pro and it 's uses off the phantom. If you don't like the fisheye of the ultra wide and medium simply change the GP lens. As a videographer I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic