Banggood defective quadcopter return policy ? What should I expect ?!!!

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a Hubsan H502E drone for $74 from Banggood.com. It is about $98 on Amazon. It is one of the cheapest drones with GPS and RTH. I wanted to practice manual mode with it before I use my P4P.
I received it about 10 days ago and flew it the next day and it flew twice for 4 to 5 minutes and returned home using RTH button.
Next day, It did not bind the first time. Then it suddenly blinded, and it flew off towards south !!! I tried to use the manual mode and it kept going towards the tall tree a street away. I found out that it is stuck in a pine tree.
I contacted Banggood same day filing a "resend item" describing how it Flew Away. I received an email from the customer service that I need to have the drone to verify it being faulty ! And they could credit me $20 for the inconvenience!!!
I drove by after 3 day on a windy day and found the drone on the ground. It did bind, but one of the propellers was not turning. After doing some research, I found out that motor failure is a typical problem with this quad. The other problem is the plastic bearings which is best to be replaced with metal bearings.
I then contacted Banggood and sent them photo of propeller not turning. I receive an email from their CS that the shipping cost is too high and if I could repair it, they would pay for the motor and repair cost!!! I emailed them their return policy and that they pay for return shipping and I expect a new quad.

What should I expect from Banggood defective quadcopter return policy ? I even told them that I purchased $60 in accessories for this quad from them !
This is my first time I am dealing with a Chinese online retailer . What should I expect ? Any experience?
Would I have been better off pay %33 extra and buy the quad from Amazon? Should I take the $20 and run ?
Thanks!

Reactions: RadioMike
I went back and forth with 5 emails to Banggood for replacing the faulty drone ($74). Customer service eventually agreed to send me a new drone and I can keep the old one ! I just have to send them $10 via PayPal for shipping ! I agreed and waiting to receive new quadcopter in 2-3 weeks.
Here is my take from my experience with Banggood:
1) Do not expect the same service I receive in US from Banggood. They will haggle!! Haggle back, professionally and polite through email.
2) Do not get pissed if they tell you rubbish like " we send you the motor ($4) and you fix it ! Or for them suggesting you any another rubbish.
3) Don't lose your cool. If you do, you will NOT receive any service ! I had to repeat myself again and again. I had to quote their 3-day return policy and they eventually agreed !
4) I will NOT buy any item from Banggood which has a high possibility of being defective (e.g. Drone). RETURNING AN ITEM TO BANGGOOD is a huge hassle.
Having said all this, I still think it is worth buying some stuff from Banggood because of the price, if not in a hurry.
Cheers.

I've gone thru a bunch of Hubsan's. You find out quick to keep a supply of props and motors, and fresh batteries, they lose efficiency in no time. But they are fun to fly, and as said, not the end of the world if lost

Reactions: snamvar57
I bought a $3.00 watch. It was defective, which I documented with video. Like @snamvar57 says, hang in there. They sent me a replacement watch. Took a couple months:)

Reactions: snamvar57
Banggood eventually shipping me a replacement and having me keep the old quadcopter. I just had to pay $10 for shipping :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl