Should I buy an Inspire remote?

Reaction score
So I've only had the P4 for a couple weeks and haven’t had the chance to really push it yet. I'm getting about 1000 meters range before signal loss(video and RC)from my backyard, which is actually not as bad as it sounds as there is a lot of concrete and signal noise in the area(as in I get to the other side of my town and down to the beach with a lot of houses, churches and other things that would reduce range dramatically).

My question is, would it be worth getting an Inspire remote to use with my P4 for the extra range it seems to offer? It’s a pricey addon, but I’d gladly pay it if it improved performance. Are there any downsides to it? I know it doesn't have the same switch labels as the P4 remote(sports mode etc) so can I still use them?

If I do get an Inspire remote, are there different models of remote, any of them the best to go for.

Lots of questions :)

I've seen threads where people have complained of having difficulty linking remotes from different DJI aircraft to other DJI aircraft. So I would be wary and research first.

But it seems obvious to me what you really want to do is mod your existing controller.

I've seen threads where people have complained of having difficulty linking remotes from different DJI aircraft to other DJI aircraft. So I would be wary and research first.

But it seems obvious to me what you really want to do is mod your existing controller.

Perhaps a mod is what I will end up doing. But I wanted to keep it as clean as possible and I don't really need massive range. A lot of the mods I see are very unsightly and large things hanging off the RC.

Yes, if you add amps and a battery, stuff might hang off, but if you simply want to replace your omni with a directional, you can make a pretty clean mod and add a surprising amount of range. Good luck!

Yes, if you add amps and a battery, stuff might hang off, but if you simply want to replace your omni with a directional, you can make a pretty clean mod and add a surprising amount of range. Good luck!

I have a decent 3D printer so I could print out the base for a directional and add some copper or aluminium sheets to it. Or be lazy and buy one as they seem pretty cheap from Amazon/eBay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl