Should I be worried? (the GPS cable damage?)

Reaction score
I just bought a Phantom (v1, with Naza V2 etc.) with Zenmuse Gimbal preinstalled. When I started to check my Phantom I noticed that there was something "glue alike" in the seam of the Phantom (as seen in the picture). When I opened the Phantom I realised that it was the cable that went to the GPS module. The wire that was stuck in the seam of the Phantom is pretty "squeezed" and one of the cables is "hatched/open" (dont know whats the right word in english). I'm guessing the compass works alright, but the question is should I be worried?

I had a videoshoot planned for tomorrow so I cant get the wire replaced before that.

What are you thoughts about this?

Attachments

• DJIproblem.jpg
    DJIproblem.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 410
It's not tooooo bad but I'd call the dealer who sold it to you and ask to swap the GPS. I don't know if the cable unplugs from the puck. I know it unplugs from the phantom. It's easiest if you just swap lids.

It does unplug from the gps & of course the compass. I would send them your pics, and ask them to send a new cable.

The Naza assistant says that everything is okay, so it should be working.

What do you think about possible risks involved while flying with this cable as it is? Because I'm planning to fly tomorrow. Although I bought liquid plastic that I'm going to put on the spots of the wire that has most of the "damage".

should you lose GPS signal, you could either have a flyaway or you'll have to fly in ATT mode. get the cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl