Shocking disregard for the law - London Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor would he have got one from the CAA!

Quite probably not, especially as an amateur filmmaker/RC flyer.

My original question, although a touch tongue in cheek, still stands. What do people film with their drones? If we can't fly over people, we can't fly near buildings, we must have VLS at all times.

Quite probably not, especially as an amateur filmmaker/RC flyer.

My original question, although a touch tongue in cheek, still stands. What do people film with their drones? If we can't fly over people, we can't fly near buildings, we must have VLS at all times.
Good question! Get a CAA PfAW and stay legal as is the necessary. I not sit at the receiving end of a wide screen TV and enjoy the actions!

Thing is, the guy could have made just as good a video of London by staying WITHIN the rules and laws.

There are very few locations around London that you could legally fly, and you certainly wouldn't be able to create "a good video of London" from those sites. Even moreso be able to see any landmarks to add to said film.

Reactions: m0j0 and maseman88
As an Addendum before I retire I would suggest that we all cooperate with law making with all the revenant aviation authorities to preserve our hobby/profession to the benefit of all users - hobbyists and professional alike. The Law is the Law - obey it an find legitimate ways of changing it if necessary. It's our choice otherwise others will make the decisions for us!

I just don't get it. All this crying and bickering. If the hobby goes up in flames. so be it. Enjoy it while you can. I for one enjoyed the video from pilot. Was it risky? Of course it was. It's risky every time you take it in the Air. Are there guidelines and rules? Of course there are. Will people break them. Another. Of course. So what. Life is too short to give a **** about every rule some one breaks. People getting murdered everyday and not this much fuss over nonsense. I understand constructive criticism. But some of you are over the top. Don't push morals on some one else. I would not have done it. But that is me. What's done is done. Move on people.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just don't get it. All this crying and bickering. If the hobby goes up in flames. so be it. Enjoy it while you can. I for one enjoyed the video from pilot. Was it risky? Of course it was. It's risky every time you take it in the Air. Are there guidelines and rules? Of course there are. Will people break them. Another. Of course. So what. Life is too short to give a **** about every rule some one breaks. People getting murdered everyday and not this much fuss over nonsense. I understand constructive criticism. But some of you are over the top. Don't push morals on some one else. I would not have done it. But that is me. What's done is done. Move on people.

You sound like a reasonable guy Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still being patronising
LOL
I'm sorry if you find "factual" to be "patronizing."

I simply point out that if you break the clear cut rules of this forum, your posts will be removed. Continue to break the rules, and you will be removed.
I use the word "you" in the general term and not to point at anyone...

There has been nothing wrong with my posts and I did ask you to correct me and provide accurate facts but you decided to side step and and try to belittle me instead of educate. Maybe you are having a bad day, perhaps you read the tone of my posts different to who they were meant, but coming to a forum and being rude and not constructive, well that itself is part of the rules that you so gracefully felt the need to remind me.

*drops mic*

Reactions: m0j0
it's just so odd to me that people in here are adamant about safe piloting and drone use yet they are the first people to try and get this young man in trouble on a national level? makes zero sense to me... "an example must be made!" give me a break, talk about damaging to your own hobby.

What drone is it? it's clearly not a phantom.

It has some range and half I know that!!

That heigh is well above 400ft more like 1000ft on some of those shots, and more than enough to get who ever is flying it into a lot of trouble...

Stunning shots, but idiotic is understatement.

What drone is it, it's clearly not a phantom.

It has some range and half that!!

are you serious? it's a phantom 4... my head hurts.

Reactions: m0j0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4