Shocking disregard for the law - London Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVED that video. Health and safety crap is wrecking Britain. You can't even open hotel room windows any more!
I would feel far safer with a DJI flying above me than trying to cross the road in London.
Looking at the bloke's company I bet this is a promo video for Visit London or something.

Reactions: Pluto88888
I've moved this thread to the General section where it belongs. Let's keep the commentary civil.

Let's review what we know:
  • The creator of the video just got his Phantom 4 a few weeks ago and is a total novice.
  • He has no training, operating license or other qualifications.
  • He has flown to 1,500ft and was looking for ways to go even higher.
  • Through his posts, it is abundantly clear there is little to no concern, awareness, or obligation to safe operations.
  • He has broken pretty much every CAA drone regulation as has been stated.
  • The CAA know fully about it and will be "getting in touch" with the operator.
  • There will always be bad apples. It's not going to kill your hobby but it will bring it bad press.
This is pretty much the perfect example of what not to do.

I've moved this thread to the General section where it belongs. Let's keep the commentary civil.

Let's review what we know:
  • The creator of the video just got his Phantom 4 a few weeks ago and is a total novice.
  • He has no training, operating license or other qualifications.
  • He has flown to 1,500ft and was looking for ways to go even higher.
  • Through his posts, it is abundantly clear there is little to no concern, awareness, or obligation to safe operations.
  • He has broken pretty much every CAA drone regulation as has been stated.
  • The CAA know fully about it and will be "getting in touch" with the operator.
This is pretty much the perfect example of what not to do.
There you go, bringing facts and truth into the discussion! Today's special little snowflakes feel entitled to do whatever they want to do. They seem to have never been told "NO!" while growing up. I can't understand that mentality at all. It will take someone getting hurt before they get it. Maybe not even then! I'm not sure this flyer even understands the trouble he's in?!

There you go, bringing facts and truth into the discussion! Today's special little snowflakes feel entitled to do whatever they want to do. They seem to have never been told "NO!" while growing up. I can't understand that mentality at all. It will take someone getting hurt before they get it. Maybe not even then! I'm not sure this flyer even understands the trouble he's in?!

I just want to understand how someone is going to get hurt...

I am amazed that no-one tried to stop him flying the Phantom. Even getting out a tripod in certain parts of London gets the attention of security guys. And given the paranoia over terrorism and more police on the streets even more surprised. I thought the footage was excellent and was amazing when you consider the size of the Phantom. I would never dare do such filming myself but can understand why some people want to push the equipment to its full potential. And feel the genie is out of the bottle and even with all the rules and regulations these types of flights will continue. And give us a new brilliant new look at our world. And despite the many thousands of Phantoms sold since 2013 cannot recall any really bad accidents- causing major damage or death. But how many car crashes/shootings in the same period?

Aside from any safety reasons................... the .gov says NO! Don't do it! That's all the reason you need. But keep disregarding the rules. When they finally do educate you, it's going to cost a pretty penny! The fines are killer!

The guy has talent and hoohas. I would not do it but the Brits should pay the guy for darn good advertizing makes me want to visit London. 13 people per year die from vending machines falling on them, should we ban them, 2900 Africans get killed per year by hippo's. More people die from texting and driving than drinking and driving. Don't be scared to live and don't take life so seriously.... nobody makes it out alive.

That you can't even think of any of the myriad ways people could get hurt, says a lot.

people can get hurt in a myriad of ways every day.... its a silly argument.

Reactions: m0j0
Really nice seeing a fresh perspective of London. I wouldnt say it was well edited though, some jello, props in the frame, jagged movements of drone and over use of slowing and speeding up of footage.

he's probably like me lol... too excited to finish it to take the time for a proper edit. either way, good stuff!

I was not impressed with the video. Was there supposed to be music?

But umm yeah, pretty much total disregard for ANY law or regulations. Flying over that many people? Way to go *******. Novices like you are going to ruin our hobby, and we have idiots like you to thank.

Really nice seeing a fresh perspective of London. I wouldnt say it was well edited though, some jello, props in the frame, jagged movements of drone and over use of slowing and speeding up of footage.

Me too! It was meh flying and editing at best

I was not impressed with the video. Was there supposed to be music?

But umm yeah, pretty much total disregard for ANY law or regulations. Flying over that many people? Way to go *******. Novices like you are going to ruin our hobby, and we have idiots like you to thank.

[moderator edit: offensive comment removed] There is no audio in the reposted one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1