Shipping a battery to DJI

AWD

Reaction score
Are there any special precautions to use when shipping a dead battery back to DJI for replacement?

Protective cover? Fireproof cover? Something like that or just pack it in a study box and ship it back?

AD

Just pack it up and ship it. Your shipper will need to know the package contains a battery so they can label it properly (like the label you see on boxes that come from DJI).

lbusi6600_hi.gif

Just pack it up and ship it. Your shipper will need to know the package contains a battery so they can label it properly (like the label you see on boxes that come from DJI).

View attachment 69646

I found a crack in two of my batteries today, was looking into this a bit ago and on the dji self service support site it has a blurb about not sending damaged batteries, could be potentially dangerous. did they request you send it back? I haven't heard back about mine yet

Since your battery just has cosmetic damage, it would be okay to mail it back.

from the self support site.
Artboard1Copy11.png
Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries or those are not defective at all.

That's good advice. Your battery is not damaged though. Only the top of the case is cracked.

That's good advice. Your battery is not damaged though. Only the top of the case is cracked.

another member of the site had the same issue as i did with cracks(aaronrivera), maybe they count that as visibility damaged? and asked them NOT to send the batteries back to them..... and just shipped them new ones.

Perhaps. They sometimes only request a photo for replacements. Contact DJI Support and see how they want to handle it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic