Shell Replacement and Compass One Broken

Reaction score
So I backed my P4 into a tree on the third flight about 70 feet up. It came back amazingly with a dent in the wing but flew fine. I waited 6 weeks and bought a new body. I subsequently swapped bodies and broke the number one compass connector coming from the computer, not the connector from the landing gear. Does anyone know where to buy a replacement part? I can't find it anywhere. It can't be too hard to find. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_7354.JPG
    IMG_7354.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
Generally it comes with a new set of landing gear, when mine arrived it had two spare cables.

Check to make sure it's a genuine DJI part in the original wrapping, if you're buying from wreckers then you don't know what's going to arrive....

BTW, those black connectors go in sideways, they're a press fit. If you try to slot them in lengthways, besides being nearly impossible to do, it breaks the connector....

If it broke from being tugged away when the shell let go, then that's also easy to do. :p Best to disconnect the compass cables from the legs and poke them into the shell before you attempt to crack it open.

I bought new landing gear and it only came with female ends. I need the male end. Any chance anyone know where to buy the male end?

Gonna need pictures... that doesn't sound right at all... Mine were two spare grey cables loose in the bag with the landing gear.

The white end plugs into the power distribution board at the front of the aircraft. The black end plugs into the boards inside the landing gear legs...

Pics attached. It's the black male 4 wire connector.

Attachments

• IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_7353.JPG
    IMG_7353.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_7354.JPG
    IMG_7354.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 295
Here's another pic for clarification. This is the wire I need.

Attachments

• IMG_7362.JPG
    IMG_7362.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_7363.JPG
    IMG_7363.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 276
Unfortunately they didn't. Also messed up by cutting my motor wires instead of soldering to the board.

So I had four bad motors. I bought a lot of used motors on ebay. Seller had no idea which part number (#23 vs #24 / CCW vs CW). I put four random motors back in it after fixing the compass and it works great. Didn't seem to matter which motor went where.

I flew it yesterday after putting it back together.

Reactions: Goof
Sounds like they're all wound exactly the same then, perhaps only the propeller mounting plates on top are different?

That's how it appears. Works great.

Anyone know where to purchase gimbal screws? As luck would have it I stripped two...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl