Shell replacement and colour

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My bird has started to get stress cracks on the two arms. I’m going to be replacing the shell but I’m thinking of changing the colour of the new shell before I rebuild it. Has anyone succeeded in doing this ether spraying or using Idye poly. Also any new shells about.

I have dyed props, with great success. I used rit dye. Only did it to feed my curiosity. There seemed to be no degradation to the plastic. It has been 3 years. I had an idea that sky blue props would be less visible. They looked real pretty. Lol

Hi everyone. My bird has started to get stress cracks on the two arms. I’m going to be replacing the shell but I’m thinking of changing the colour of the new shell before I rebuild it. Has anyone succeeded in doing this ether spraying or using Idye poly. Also any new shells about.
There are motor mount reinforcement plates available that will cure the stress crack problem. I’ve put them on every P3 I’ve ever owned. They work great and look great. You can get them on eBay or Amazon.

My Phantom 3 Professionals color moded and Phanvic modd as well with metallic grey.

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 114

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost