Shaky Video Problem-Help please!

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got a new gimbal installed and I'm experiencing shaky video (see attached video). I mounted all four clips and new rubber fittings (white ones). In the video, you can see that the buildings on the right are clearly shaken sideways. The gimbal is not absorbing movement as it's supposed to. Anyone have a fix? Should I change some settings in the DJI GO app to make it more stable? Should I only use two plastic clips (originally was that way). Any suggestions are welcome!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks!

I mounted all four clips and new rubber fittings (white ones). Should I only use two plastic clips (originally was that way). Any suggestions are welcome!

Yes, use two anti drop pins diagonally from each other. Some of us put loosely fitted zip ties in the other two.

Yes, use two anti drop pins diagonally from each other. Some of us put loosely fitted zip ties in the other two.
I'll take off two and try again! Is it really possible that the extra two are making it "wobble" like that?

Is it really possible that the extra two are making it "wobble" like that?
Using 4 pins can for sure contribute, but there are other ways to minimize the effect. For example, you could use an ND filter to slow down the shutter speed so that it's twice the frame rate. That means if you are recording at let's say 60 FPS, you would want the shutter speed to be 1/120 second. A shorter shutter speed produces produces a "jello" effect on video. There are lots of threads on it if you want to search.

Extreme shaking would probably be something more serious.

FYI - If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. The tip about anti-drop pins is listed there, so perhaps there will be something else that helps you now or in the future.

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan