Shaky ride after installing snap on prop guard part

Reaction score
I have installed the summitlink prop guards for p3. I have installed the small parts to the drone and flew it without the guards. The drone seemed out of balance because of those small parts. Do you think it is caused by the small piece or I did change the balance while putting the screws back on?

The balance shouldn't change but anytime you mod the quad you should re-cal the compass.
It is possible the new screws have introduced a slightly different distortion and this is the issue.

Cheap, easy, and quick to try.

The balance shouldn't change but anytime you mod the quad you should re-cal the compass.
It is possible the new screws have introduced a slightly different distortion and this is the issue.

Cheap, easy, and quick to try.
Compass?? At least IMU...

Has anyone figured out how to calibrate the IMU or if is possible on the P3. I saw no mention of this in the manual. If it is included in the DJI Pilot App, maybe n Inspire Pilot could comment.

Please report back as I am planning to install the snap-on prop guards as well.

Yes compass.

The IMU is not sensitive to adding, relocating, or removing metallic items on or in your quad.

I have to imagine it's something simple. I mean that one guy hung a gopro on the end of the stick making the P3 heavily off balance and it flew just fine.

Has anyone figured out how to calibrate the IMU or if is possible on the P3. I saw no mention of this in the manual. If it is included in the DJI Pilot App, maybe n Inspire Pilot could comment.

Process is the same as the Inspire, tons of videos out there for it.

I have installed the summitlink prop guards for p3. I have installed the small parts to the drone and flew it without the guards. The drone seemed out of balance because of those small parts. Do you think it is caused by the small piece or I did change the balance while putting the screws back on?

Efecan, were you able to resolve this issue?

It will have that problem if over tightened screws.
symptoms is if you spin the prop, it will no longer be as free.
all four props should have same resistance.
Try loosen screws and see if resistance changes.

I know this is old and I was curious as well...

But of course no update because he most likely doesn't need help anymore :D :(

Reactions: tecciztecatl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.