Question about effect of prop guards on the structure of the AC

Reaction score
I use prop guards from time to time as I often have to fly close to trees. Since I use the quick connect type, is the part remaining on the Aircraft would act the same as the motor guards to prevent shell cracking or on the opposite, are the prop guards, adding more weight, will stressing the structure even more? Not sure the two longer screws supplied with the guards are threaded in metal or in plastic...never opened my drone to check. Any comments on this?

By the way, even when using the guards, I never use the small twine to add protection between guards...I'm too scared of breaking one ( or having a knot going off) and end with part of the twine twisted around the motor shaft...May be I'm over-cautious...

I read before that the prop guards affect the shell around the motors in the long run. I never recommend that to the phantoms. I only use the metal reinforcement in each motor and never have issues with cracks after 32 flights. My phantom 3 is still rock solid.

I read before that the prop guards affect the shell around the motors in the long run. I never recommend that to the phantoms. I only use the metal reinforcement in each motor and never have issues with cracks after 32 flights. My phantom 3 is still rock solid.
This is what I suspected too...it adds offset weight to the shell...

Reactions: macoman
I have a set of quick connects on the way right now and I'd love to know the answers to your concerns. I have over 100 flights with no stress cracks and I'm hoping to keep it that way. I'd hate to think I'm doing something proactive just to find out I did more harm then good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1