Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

@ DesertFlyer53 10:4.... the SB switch.

I will check and report tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Not sure this warrants a new thread or can live here: anyone modified their GoProfessional case to house their Futuba in place of the stock radio? Or other creative carrying solutions for the Futaba?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Not sure this warrants a new thread or can live here: anyone modified their GoProfessional case to house their Futuba in place of the stock radio? Or other creative carrying solutions for the Futaba?

Kelly

I have a customized case that is part of the Phantom 2 Pro Pack from Aerial Media Pros in southern California that has a place cut out specifically for the Futaba 14SG. It fits perfectly. Excellent travel/carry case overall. You can see what I'm talking about at the Aerial Media Pro website.

RickF -- thanks for the pointer to the cool case. Unfortunately I already dropped $200 on the GoProfessional case back in my early P1 days. Guess I'm getting out the steak knife and hacking some foam.

Ianwood -- just flew without tether, and love everything about v4 model, though I now get it on reversing LD, which I just did. Really looking forward to smooth pans and tilts with your model. If you are taking contribution$ to the model development effort, I'm in. What's on the roadmap for v5 and beyond? Are you on stock Rx or did you install a Futuba Rx? Recommendations?

Futuba -- please send that spring kit asap! Non-centering throttle stick makes me nervous.

Lilliput -- why is my 664 powering itself often?? Pulling battery and toggling switch doesn't bring it back. What up?

Fatshark -- why so much beeping on movement of my Attitude SD's? How can I kill that "feature"?

Ground Station pioneers -- thanks for what you're about to go through on behalf of those of us who will play it safe and watch from the bleachers for a few weeks/posts/crashes.

So to bundle all this in one post. Happy flying all...

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
RickF -- thanks for the pointer to the cool case. Unfortunately I already dropped $200 on the GoProfessional case back in my early P1 days. Guess I'm getting out the steak knife and hacking some foam.

I've modified my GoProfessional case several times... it was made for the P1 and I stuffed the P2 in it. Made room for props, mini-dvr, small chargers, etc. Easy to do and you can get the Futaba in it without too much hassle. If you have the monitor on the Futaba, the hassle will be taking it off each time. It will fit the case but not when on the Futaba. I'm about ready to use goggles as my ground monitor for when I travel. Much cleaner. The monitor truly sucks in bright sunlight anyway. I'm constantly sticking it up to my nose under my sun hat to read the screen. Goggles have their own issues but you can always read the iOSD info and see the camera position.

Not sure if this the right place to post this but here it goes. With the release of the update. Would it be possible to set way point with a ground station and just use our wonderful remote to operate camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Not sure if this the right place to post this but here it goes. With the release of the update. Would it be possible to set way point with a ground station and just use our wonderful remote to operate camera?

Slightly OT, but who cares. It's a good question. More importantly, does GS support gimbal tilt? If so, is it smooooooooooth?

ianwood said:
extrememc said:

Slightly OT, but who cares. It's a good question. More importantly, does GS support gimbal tilt? If so, is it smooooooooooth?

Man how I would love to be able to not have to navigate and just film.

ianwood said:
extrememc said:

Man how I would love to be able to not have to navigate and just film.

ianwood said:
extrememc said:

I upgraded my current 2.4 groundstation last night, and I don't see that feature added on the PC interface, haven't tried the iPad verison (don't own one yet).

@ Ol Photo are you running the mini osd and BT mod on your craft?

extrememc said:

No and no, I'm afraid. On the rig I have the Data Link on currently (my 550), I have the iOSD II and no need for the BTU...though I plan to add that to the groundstation someday soon.

OI Photography said:
extrememc said:

No and no, I'm afraid. On the rig I have the Data Link on currently (my 550), I have the iOSD II and no need for the BTU...though I plan to add that to the groundstation someday soon.

Ok you fly a 550. My next craft.

Anyone use the dslrpros futaba 2s 2600mah lipo for their radio? Just ordered this as a spare and can't figure out what to charge it with. I have the original p1 battery chargers.

Cody2008 said:
Anyone use the dslrpros futaba 2s 2600mah lipo for their radio? Just ordered this as a spare and can't figure out what to charge it with. I have the original p1 battery chargers.

I have a P1 charger and it accepts 2s balance connectors. Don't know which kind you have. You can get a 'generic' charger for about $40 on eBay that will charge anything up to 6s. You will probably have to make a 'pigtail' for any non-generic charger so it can match the connector. I had to do that with my FatShark goggle lipo.

Hi again all,

Just a reminder of my issue.

Loaded ianwood's T8FGS profile onto my T14SG to be able to get all the goodies he was able to program for us.

I was not able to get it to start.

*Update*
Re-loaded profile into 14SG, re-calibrated sticks in Software assistant.(with all switches back except SB was is in the middle position) the P2 still did not start.

However........ in playing around with the sticks it started when the left stick was in the 1 o'clock and the right was in the 11o'clock positions.
Additionally, the throttle works in reverse.

So question..... am I supposed to put the elevator and throttle in reverse in Software Assistant????
Because I did.

Do i reverse the throttle on the radio????

Where is it suggested I go from here??

Tony......

ladykate said:
Cody2008 said:

I have a P1 charger and it accepts 2s balance connectors. Don't know which kind you have. You can get a 'generic' charger for about $40 on eBay that will charge anything up to 6s. You will probably have to make a 'pigtail' for any non-generic charger so it can match the connector. I had to do that with my FatShark goggle lipo.

Can you charge with just the balance connector? The P1 charger used the balance connector and the xt60.

Cody2008 said:
Can you charge with just the balance connector? The P1 charger used the balance connector and the xt60.

I don't think that works. You can get an XT60 to whatever adapter (or make one). I had to do that with the FatShark - it isn't a big deal. Worse case, you can tap into the + and - wires and attach the proper XT 60 connector.

tonben said:
Additionally, the throttle works in reverse.

That's really odd. Yes, try reversing the throttle in the radio and see it then starts normally. Check the calibration carefully in the assistant to make sure any other controls aren't reversed or unusual. And then test it on the bench with the motors but no props. The motors will still sound like they have a mind of their own because the controller is confused by the lack of movement but you should still be able to tell if the throttle and other controls feel normal.

Is that a new radio or has it been used for something else before? I am wondering if there is something outside of the profile that might make it different than normal. Not sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94