Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Re: Setting up the Futaba T8FGS with the P2

ianwood said:
To change LD so it trims in the right direction, go to LINKAGE > FUNCTION > RUDDER and select LD, then set RATE from 30% to -30%.

Thank you bro! awesome! :ugeek:

DesertFlyer53 said:
dorianclive said:
Thanks! I think I'm gonna purchase the remote today. Where do I get the spring return kit?
Sent from my iPhone
Email Futaba with your request, which radio you have and your mailing address. Sorry, I don't have the email address handy. I think it's somewhere in this thread. They do not charge for this kit.

My 8FG(H) had the spring pre-installed and i just had to remove a plastic adaptor in order to activate the spring! :p

I just removed this plastic plate thing:

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

extrememc said:
Today I get my mail order bride aka T8FGS. Going over a mental check list before test it out.
1. Bind to quad.
2. Check using software to make sure switches and levers work.
3. Take blades off and then test remote to quad connectivity.

Am I thinking this through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Today I get my mail order bride aka T8FGS. Going over a mental check list before test it out.
1. Bind to quad.
2. Check using software to make sure switches and levers work.
3. Take blades off and then test remote to quad connectivity.

Am I thinking this through?

The first thing you need to do is charge the battery and become familiar with the owners manual. 2nd thing is to load ianwoods v4 profile as he discribes in the very first post of this thread. THEN bind to the P2's receiver. Then run the assistant software app and calibrate the transmitter.

DesertFlyer thanks. What do you mean by calibrate. Keep in mind I have never used the *** app.

extrememc said:
DesertFlyer thanks. What do you mean by calibrate. Keep in mind I have never used the *** app.

You haven't flown your P2 at all yet? (with the stock controller)

from ianwoods first post in this thread. You might want to go back and re-read it... carefully.

"Calibration and Confirmation
Your transmitter should now be configured to operate the Phantom 2. Turn on the transmitter and then your Phantom 2 (without the props for now!). You should have a solid green light on the Futaba receiver. If it's not green, or the Phantom is blinking fast yellow indicating it doesn't have a link, you may need to bind the transmitter with the receiver. If all is good, the next step is to connect the Phantom to the assistant software and check that each control is calibrated and working properly (important). Once this is done and working properly, you can button up your Phantom and go take it flying!"

Read read read! Man I have heard that before. :)

So I seem to be having a problem with the FSU software. It will mount my cards but wont import profile. The option is grayed outed. Is there a work around for this?

extrememc said:
So I seem to be having a problem with the FSU software. It will mount my cards but wont import profile. The option is grayed outed. Is there a work around for this?

Did you format the card in the transmitter first?

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

Did you format the card in the transmitter first?
yes

Just to check and see if there my be something wrong with the pc I was using I tried on another one. Same results.

extrememc said:
Just to check and see if there my be something wrong with the pc I was using I tried on another one. Same results.

Sorry, I'm not in front of my computer right now so I can't help. I'm at work.

Doesn't anybody know where I could have switch labels made for this radio with ianwoods set-up. Would be nice to have.

DesertFlyer53 said:
Doesn't anybody know where I could have switch labels made for this radio with ianwoods set-up. Would be nice to have.

I used a Brother Label Maker but decided that wasn't good enough so I put shrink tubing in colors on the switches. Red was the IOC and GPS/ATTI/Failsafe, yellow for others and blue for others (choose your poison). Shrank it with a heat gun VERY carefully aimed while moving so it wasn't aiming towards the radio. Works very well. Be careful to avoid direct heat on the radio. The radio plastic seemed very sturdy but I wasn't taking any chances.

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

Sorry, I'm not in front of my computer right now so I can't help. I'm at work.

When I mount the card it mount as MVTINYFSIMG. I have tried several cards.

Click on the next available non-greyed out slot and then hit import.

Try that. Are you getting a list of numbers with no data on the fields?

Bwells said:
Click on the next available non-greyed out slot and then hit import.

Try that. Are you getting a list of numbers with no data on the fields?

Yes, as I remember the first 4 lines are grayed out. Use the 5th line (I think).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj