Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Re: Setting up the Futaba T8FGS with the P2

Kicerk52 said:
Cody2008 said:
Ianwood, you have created a fabulous profile.

Is it possible to reverse the LD knobs direction. I am playing with this in the assistant and it feels like ergonomically it controls the opposite way.

Just plain and simple ...a freakin great profile...thank you.

You can do it yourself - go to "linkage menu" (double click the top "LNK" button), then go to "Reverse" and select the channel you want to reverse.

New profile is Great! :cool: Thank you ianwood! I am also trying to reverse the LD knob but if i reverse the 4th channel i reverse the yawing, not the LD knob.. Which channel should i reverse? :oops:

FWIW: I did the LD mod to my radio and flew it just now on the F550. I put it up a little way and cranked the knob a few clicks over and let it yaw for about two minutes. No failsafe or other issues. The F550 is using NAZA V2 but as we've seen, it sometimes doesn't act like the Phantom version. However, for the F550 at least, it works fine and it looks like you could spin it until the battery run down with no trip to Failsafe.

I tried it in GPS first -then ATT but there was a bit of wind so I couldn't do a full test in ATT.

ianwood... when I turn the LD knob counterclockwise the P2 rotates clockwise. Is there a way to reserve this?

DesertFlyer53 said:
ianwood... when I turn the LD knob counterclockwise the P2 rotates clockwise. Is there a way to reserve this?

Yeah, I noticed that too! I'll see if it can be reversed.

Today I get my mail order bride aka T8FGS. Going over a mental check list before test it out.
1. Bind to quad.
2. Check using software to make sure switches and levers work.
3. Take blades off and then test remote to quad connectivity.

Am I thinking this through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know the difference between this setup and the one DSLRPros offers? I'm not sure which route to go :?

@Dorianclive I asked the same question. Got sent to this thread. Cost! Same radio except here we got a member Ianwood that has created a wonderful profile for our P2.

My man. Thank you! So I'm guessing this is the cheaper and more efficient route? @extrememc

Sent from my iPhone

From what I have found. If you don't want to change RX/receiver then yes. eBay brand new for est. $335.00 shipped.

My best advice to you is read this thread and watch the videos that's been posted. The prepare your wallet for the hit!

Thanks. All of this is very helpful. Now am I getting the Heli or Air version?

Sent from my iPhone

Doesn't matter. Believe me I asked all the question you are asking. Read the thread!

ianwood said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

Yeah, I noticed that too! I'll see if it can be reversed.

Can it be reversed in the H/W reverse screen? I know this worked for a few switches I reversed but don't know if it works for the knobs.

To change LD so it trims in the right direction, go to LINKAGE > FUNCTION > RUDDER and select LD, then set RATE from 30% to -30%.

ianwood said:
To change LD so it trims in the right direction, go to LINKAGE > FUNCTION > RUDDER and select LD, then set RATE from 30% to -30%.

Got it. Thanks again! You're a freaking genius! :)

dorianclive said:
Thanks. All of this is very helpful. Now am I getting the Heli or Air version?

Doesn't really matter, one just has a ratchet throttle (Air) and the other has a smooth one (Heli). They come with the parts to change them to the other version though, so it doesn't make any difference. Especially since most of us prefer to have the throttle spring back to the center. (which you can acheive with a special spring-return kit)

Thanks! I think I'm gonna purchase the remote today. Where do I get the spring return kit?

Sent from my iPhone

dorianclive said:
Thanks! I think I'm gonna purchase the remote today. Where do I get the spring return kit?

Sent from my iPhone

Email Futaba with your request, which radio you have and your mailing address. Sorry, I don't have the email address handy. I think it's somewhere in this thread. They do not charge for this kit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT