Setting Battery Low Level Warning and Critical Level Values

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 fully un to date. How do I adjust the Low Level Warning and Critical Level values?

They are currently set to 20% and 15% I would very much like to set them to 35% and 20% as the batteries fail very quickly after 15%.

Any help much appreciated. Phantom new boy in case you had not already guessed! Using APP on iPhone 6+

Re: Setting Battery Low Level Warning and Critical Level Val

Under current firmware you can't adjust those.
Just keep an eye on the battery and make sure you aren't still off in the distance at 20%.
Aim to be landed before 15%.

Many thanks, I had a feeling I had adjusted the Low Level Warning to 20% when I first got the model a week ago. The Manual suggests the default is 30%. I have been scouring the internet for a way to reset 30%. Clearly memory is failing me!

That's weird as I can adjust mine on both phantoms and I am pretty sure both has the latest firmware

Can't adjust it on my P2V.

Geert said:
general01 said:
That's weird as I can adjust mine on both phantoms and I am pretty sure both has the latest firmware

Check your firmware.
I am pretty sure you can not adjust them.

Geert./.

I will check now and report back

You was right
I wonder when they removed it as I remember adjusting it before(maybe it was when I had my fc40 phantom)

I'm turning off "Low Battery Auto Go Home".

Flying the other day, I knew the battery level was low so I was just hovering nearby. All of a sudden the auto go home function kicked in and the phantom took control. It raised the altitude to the preset level then proceeded to auto land directly over top of a tall tree. It hit the branches and all the props broke but otherwise there appears to be no damage. I had the dynamic home point feature enabled and was standing approximately 30 ft from the tree, so I assume there was some GPS measurement error associated with home point location. It was rather disconcerting because I knew it was going to crash but I had no control to prevent it. All I could do was watch.

Also, has anyone seen this video of the guy jumping in the pond to save his phantom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHMjWORFvI

Depending on the situation...Either option could be detrimental or preferable, it all depends on your habits I suppose.
I never fly out very far when my battery is getting low. I prefer to have it close and under observation as the battery level drops into the 40's. As far as dynamic Home Point. That's just more to throw into the equation when considering the best course of action. Aalthough, there may be instances where the dynamic feature would be better...as in a boat or a vehicle.

RTH is preferable to me, rather than Auto-land when battery gets low.

I also prefer the return to home option if the battery gets low

I use a P2 non vision. I've modded the Tx antenna to give me over 4km flight range in one direction. As you can imagine, you can't fly 8km + while using only 70% of the battery life. As such I have turned all battery RTH and landing options off. I also charge and discharge my batteries carefully and I can honestly say that I can keep my Phantom in the air for over 1 minute while the iOSD is displaying the battery level at 0%! I decided a long time ago that I needed to know the maximum limitation of my Phantom which is why I treat it like a *****.

Reactions: phxbird57

It was adjustable under an earlier firmware version but DJI decided to remove the ability for people to set these.
Meta4 you said that in a earlier version you could set the Critical Battery level do you remember what version and if it was set lets say 12% would it stay at 12 % though all the newer updates or would it go to a higher level.
Thank you

Meta4 you said that in a earlier version you could set the Critical Battery level do you remember what version and if it was set lets say 12% would it stay at 12 % though all the newer updates or would it go to a higher level.
Sorry ... that's too far back to remember.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing